Cheats and Walkthroughs
Somebody let Blair Herter into the studio this week, and what resulted was the newest episode of Feedback. Adam, Patrick and I tried to make the best of it, choosing to focus instead on the week's most notable news, and our Game of the Week: Double Fine's Brutal Legend. (Just kidding, Blair was highly tolerable!)
We also headbang to the following...
- The September NPDs are here, which means its time to see if the PS3's price drop had any significant effect. (Spoiler: It did.)
- America has spoken: The Beatles are still pretty awesome. Or at least still awesome enough to edge out Guitar Hero 5.
- People bought Halo 3: ODST. No way! I know, right!?
- EA's Peter Moore believes that the industry will soon be entirely digital, with Microsoft leading the way. He also thinks that some of us will be having grandchildren in 10 years, which is a far more dubious claim.
- There are rumors that A Crack in Time might be the last Ratchet & Clank game. If you watch carefully, you can see the exact moment Adam's heart breaks. But is it really possible?
- Is Brutal Legend better or worse off for having elements of real-time strategy? And is the game's charm and humor enough to keep us going?
- At one point, we may have asked the question "How does Tim Schafer feel about Tim Schafer?" If we didn't, we got pretty close.
- Reader duberi wonders why we review games the way we do, and we get a little defensive. Sorry about that.
- Plus Patrick's 10-day forecast for the greater Los Angeles area (95% chance of being better than where you are).
Feedback: Filling up on breadsticks since 2009. Honor the memory of Farrah Fawcett and subscribe: