MTV Games, Harmonix and EA announced this morning that the new Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock edition will be hitting store shelves on May 19th.
All of Classic Rock's tracks have been available to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners for sometime via DLC, so the Track Pack is mainly geared towards Wii owners, who only have access to some DLC, and PlayStation 2 owners who have no access at all. However, 360 and PS3 users who purchase the Track Pack will be able to download the songs to their hard drives. Everyone else will have to play off the disc.
Priced at $29.99, Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock does offer some savings over downloading the songs individually. However, don't be fooled: this is clearly a repack and most of these songs are so old that if you've been purchasing any DLC, chances are you already have these in your library. Seems like yet another lame attempt to re-sell you content they've already created, but it is a chance for PS2 and Wii users to expand their woefully tiny song libraries.
Also, call me crazy, but I think this Track Pack really stretches the limits of the label "classic rock." The Dead Kennedys? Maybe. Siouxsie and The Banshees? You're losing me. Lenny Kravitz? Ok, now you've got to be joking. Next up the "Folk Pack" featuring Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Megadeath and Weezer...I mean, they all play guitar right? That's Folk!!!
Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock Track Listing
- Boston - "Peace of Mind"
- Boston - "Rock and Roll Band"
- Dead Kennedys - "California Uber Alles"
- Dead Kennedys - "Holiday in Cambodia"
- Free - "All Right Now"
- George Thorogood & the Destroyers - "Bad to the Bone"
- James Gang - "Funk #49"
- Lenny Kravitz - "Let Love Rule"
- Pat Benatar - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
- The Police - "Can't Stand Losing You"
- The Police - "Truth Hits Everybody"
- Rush - "Closer to the Heart"
- Rush - "Red Barchetta"
- Siouxsie and The Banshees - "Kiss Them For Me"
- Steve Miller Band - "Take the Money and Run"
- Steve Miller Band - "The Joker"
- The Stone Roses - "Love Spreads"
- The Who - "Baba O'Riley"
- The Who - "Behind Blue Eyes"