If the Sony Xperia TL is good enough for James Bond, then it should be good enough for us! Matt Mira and Michael Kosta review the Android smartphone with 13 megapixel HD camera, 4.6-inch 720p display and dual-core processor for $30 with a contract.
Find the full written review after the jump.
What You Need To Know
- The Sony Xperia TL is 5.1-inches tall and just over 2.5-inches wide, measuring slightly less than a half inch thick.
- The SIM card door is kind of flimsy.
- The phone itself weighs 4.7 ounces.
- The 4.55-inch LCD screen is very good but the size isn't big compared to most Android phones out now.
- The brightness is good.
- The viewing angle is okay but not as good as some of the super AMOLED screens on the Galaxy S3 or the Motorola Razr M.
- The touch screen is very responsive.
- This phone is fast with a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon processor and 1 GB or RAM.
- It's also running on Android's Ice Cream Sandwich, so it's not quite the most up-to-date smartphone in the world.
- The phone comes preloaded with a lot of fun features, like the Skyfall barrel logo and clips, including a couple short featurettes on the making of the film.
- There are also exclusive ringtones an event sounds, like the James Bond theme and music stings.
- The 13 megapixel camera is very good.
- The photo quality is a mixed bag, with bright light photos looking excellent.
- $49 with an AT&T contract.
- 4.5 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- The phone is great and fast enough for your secret agent activities.
- The design could be a big sleeker.
- We wish it had more RAM.
- You can't go wrong with this price and a 13 megapixel camera.