Here are today's stories covering video games, gadgets, and pop culture.
- Ubisoft is reportedly planning a 2013 release for its in-development Assassin's Creed movie.
- The security and enforcement policy for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 looks an awful lot like the one for Modern Warfare 3.
- Rockstar Games shows off the new face of Los Santos in a bunch of freshly released Grand Theft Auto 5 screenshots.
- The creative director on Scribblenauts Unlimited confirms that Nintendo's Wii U offers no system-wide Achievements/Trophies-like elem
- An update from BioWare reveals that the next Mass Effect game will be built using the Frostbite engine.
- Capcom reveals the planned Vergil's Downfall DLC pack for DmC: Devil May Cry that will be available shortly after the game's January
- We know Gabe Newell, the final boss at Valve, must be working on an update to the Source engine.
- Ubisoft's shooter, Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots, has been MIA
- MIT Game Lab researchers have been developing an open-source game called A Slower Speed of Light.