Belkin is the first company to put out docks and accessories with lightning connectors for the current generation of Apple products. Belkin will launch two new accessories designed for Apple's Lightning connector, a hardwired car charger and Charge + Sync dock. These are the first of several new Lightning accessories from Belkin that will launch this year.
While many of the Apple-faithful seem to regard the lightning ports on their new devices as a technological leap forward, the more cynical among us see them as a semi-transparent money-grab. Sure, they might be "better" than the old docks in some way, but that doesn't even come close to making up for the price of the now-useless accessories I've purchased over the last 7 or so years. So for me, buying non-Apple docks is a good thing.
Belkin Car Charger for Lightning (F8J075) $29.99
* Updated version of Belkin's best-selling, slim-profile car charger
* Hardwired 4' Lightning cable included
* Over-voltage protection to protect device
* MFi certified
* 10 watt, 2.1 amp
* Available in Black
Belkin Charge + Sync Dock (F8J057) $29.99
* Cable not included; for use with Apple-branded Lightning connector cable only
* Foldaway AUX jack
* Cable channel for easy cable feeding
* Removable magnetic base
* EarPods audio-out port for headphones or speakers