We've got some details on Warner Bros' Lego: Lord of the Rings. The upcoming blocky adventure game will feature a crafting system where crafty hobbitses and dwarves can "combine and forge" new items with collected Mithril, as well as over 60 playable characters, a lot of different weapons and a huge open world where you'll be able to explore all of Middle Earth. You'll even be able to use the One Ring to enter the scary nightmare reality of the Ringwraiths!
Lego Lord of the Rings is currently scheduled for an October 30 release.
Click the "Read More" tag for the fact sheet.
- Explore all of the open-world of Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
- Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-stone (‘one that looks far-away’), and jump between multiple storylines.
- Experience the LEGO The Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way, as they deliver the dialogue from the films.
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Discover and unlock over more than 60 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
- Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Earendil, Elven rope, swords, and bows.
- Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option.
The information above is not really confirmed. Warner Bros reportedly posted it on its official site in a press release that was later pulled, so do with it as you will.