A post from an anonymous source may reveal the final specs for the Wii U. Or, they might be a bunch of made up numbers and letters that have been indiscriminately thrown together. We may never know, except we will probably know this Thursday, September 13, 2012, when Nintendo will have a Wii U event.
- CPU: “Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores
- GPU: “GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)
- Memory: Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)
- Storage: Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives
- Networking: 802.11 b/g/n Wifi
- Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i
- Video Cables Supported: Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
- USB: Four USB 2.0 Ports
How do these Wii U specs sound? If these turn out to be accurate, are they everything you hoped Nintendo's next console would have?
Tips? Suggestions? Find me on Twitter.