Darksiders 2 is about a bajillion times larger than its predecessor, and that's a good thing. But that also means side quests. And while every side quest is a reward in its own right, some can be downright tedious or difficult. That's why we've come up with this handy Darksiders 2 side quest guide, to point you in the right direction. Today we're going to find the locations of Oran's limbs for the quest “Wandering Stone,” as well as all trapped angel locations for Uriel's side quest “Light of the Fallen.”
First, we'll help out the golem known as Oran. You can help out this half-broken construct after clearing the Drenchfort and obtaining the Maker's Key. Head to The Fjord, and jump into the harbor. Swim straight forward, past two rising slopes and an overhead rock formation, to the shore where you can see Oran's crumbling body. Activate him with the Maker's Key, and he'll ask you to find his missing limbs so he can be whole again.
There are four, and thankfully, they're all in The Forge Lands! No traveling to other realms here.
You may have noticed these before. These large lumps of what otherwise look like rocks can seem misplaced in comparison to their environment, and have a slightly mossy sheen to them. The locations of Oran’s limbs are as follows:
1. Take a right after leaving Oran and reaching the opposite shore, and soon after, take another right when the path splits in two. Head up the hill and look on the mini-map for where the land runs into a dead end. The first of Oran's limbs is here.
2. Head back toward the Fjord's harbor where you initially took a right, and this time, continue in the opposite direction. Head through the Shadow Gorge and you can't miss it – this one of Oran's limbs is right along the path.
3. Continue through the Shadow Gorge to Stonefather's Vale, and head straight into the Weeping Crag, and from there, into Baneswood. Take a right when the path splits and head up the hill. Follow the path normally, and as the Baneswood path drops off to a cliff on your left side, you'll see Oran's limb.
4. Ride ahead into the Charred Pass, and as soon as you can, take a left. Follow the winding path to Oran's lost limb. It sticks out like a sore, green thumb against all that gray, black and red.
Use fast travel to return to the Fjord, and Oran. Talk to him, and you'll have his thanks, plus a heap of Gilt and XP.
Let's look at the angel Uriel's side quest, “Light of the Fallen.” Demons have captured Uriel's Hellguard forces and are holding them in torture devices around Earth. Death, being... well, Death, is asked to end their suffering in the most merciful way he knows how. Simply shoot the angels from a distance to end their suffering. There are a total of ten trapped Hellguards to find for “Light of the Fallen,” and their locations are listed below:
1. In the streets north of the courtyard. This is the second area you enter as you progress through Earth. The angel is on the north side of a building.
2. Head down the stairs that lead to the subway, and at the bottom, check the west side.
3. Head down the next flight of stairs leading to the subway station, and at the bottom, this time check the east.
4. Just before Death enters the building that leads to the battle with the first Noss. You should see it as you head south through the streets.
5. When the streets widen into the plaza where Death fights the first Noss, look high to the rooftops to find this trapped angel.
6. Head through the car tunnel and climb a path of broken pavement to reach a walkway. Cross the broken part of it and you'll find this angel.
7. After Death enters the car tunnel from the access tunnel, you should be able to blow up the cars in front of you. The angel is in a southern access tunnel.
8. When a second Noss ambushes Death, take out the beast and his minions before sweeping the streets. Destroy the mailboxes to summon a hidden chest, and from it, turn to face across the street to the west. The trapped Hellguard awaits your mercy.
9. As you cross the bridge and head south, make sure to turn around and free the angel that's posted to one of the bridge's arches.
10. As you advance through the hotel, a large building full of slopes of debris, keep an eye out for this final, fallen angel. He's trapped just before the exit.
Return to Uriel and tell her of your deeds. She'll thank you, and reward your efforts with Sunder, a unique secondary weapon that deals 359-393 damage, has a critical chance of 20 percent, and can also generate a shield. Nice!