Darksiders 2 is about a bajillion times larger than its predecessor, and that's a good thing. But that also means side quests. And while every side quest is a reward in its own right, some can be downright tedious or difficult. That's why we've come up with this handy Darksiders 2 side quest guide, to point you in the right direction. Today we're going to find the locations for all 70 stonebits to complete the side quest “Sticks and Stones.”
To get this quest, travel through the Forge Lands. Near the Fjord is a sleepy construct named Blackroot, covered in moss and leaves. Blackroot has been stuck waiting for his master for some time, and asks Death to find the stones he needs to eat to survive. You may have noticed these stones already, but it's only after picking up this side quest you can begin to collect them by shooting them with your revolver, Redemption.
There are three different kinds of stones: Stones of Mystics, Stones of Power, and Stones of Resistance. There are 34 Stones of Mystics, which are blue; 25 Stones of Power, which are red; and 10 Stones of Resistance, which are yellow. All the stones give off a low humming sound, which should help you narrow down if you're in the right place. Here are all stonebite locations for every realm in Darksiders 2.
The Forge Lands Stones of Mystics Locations:
1. The Forge Lands Overworld, close to Blackroot. Look to Blackroot's right and up to the cliff.
2. The Forge Lands Overworld, in Stonefather's Vale. Near a Book of the Dead page in the same area.
3. The Forge Lands Overworld, in Baneswood's northwest ruins. Climb to the top and turn around – the stone is across from the chest.
4. The Forge Lands Overworld, in Baneswood, on a cliff between the northwest and northeast ruins.
5. The Forge Lands Overworld, at the top of a shrine located along the east trail.
6. The Forge Lands Overworld, high behind the statue that stands in the enclosed shrine.
7. The Forge Lands Overworld, in the Charred Pass' southwest ruins. In a room at the top.
8. The Forge Lands Overworld, in the Charred Pass. Head left toward the Scar, and look to an overhead rock.
9. The Forge Lands Overworld, in the Shadow Gorge. Look to the right of the Shattered Forge entrance.
10. The Forge Lands Overworld, en route to the Drenchfort. This stone is in a cave as you leave the Fjord, heading to the Drenchfort.
11. The Drenchfort, above the south water canal of the major aqueduct.
12. Tri-Stone, on the southern side of the forge.
13. The Nook, in the elevator room, along a wall near the north elevator.
14. The Lost Temple, in the southern pit of the great hall, after returning with the custodian golem.
15. The Weeping Crag, east across the entry bridge, on a pillar.
The Forge Lands Stones of Power Locations:
1. The Forge Lands Overworld, in a well within the marsh area of the Charred Pass.
2. The Forge Lands Overworld, in the east keep of the Fjord, above the entrance.
3. The Lost Temple, on the east wall of two rooms before where you fought the Construct Hulk.
4. The Weeping Crag, hidden among branches in Gorewood's lair.
5. The Scar, in a broken pipe overhead of the entry to the dungeon.
- Darksiders 2 Side Quest Guide: Take On The Four Hidden Bosses
The Forge Lands Stones of Resistance Locations:
1. The Forge Lands Overworld, near the Fjord and Vulgrim, accessible by destroying Corruption near a portal.
2. The Foundry, at the entrance, where cauldrons pass by the north door. The stone is on the north side of the fourth cauldron.
Kingdom of the Dead Stones of Mystics Locations:
1. Kingdom of the Dead Overworld, at Serpent's Peak. Look up in the cave that's near Vulgrim.
2. Kingdom of the Dead Overworld, at the Maw. Check a window on the west side of the Maw's southern gate.
3. The Gilded Arena, at the top of the spiral stairs leading to the arena. Aim for the statue's sword hilt.
4. The Gilded Arena, in the ceiling of the room at the bottom of the broken staircase, where waves of skeletons ambush Death.
5. The Gilded Arena, in the room that holds the first Animus Stone, attached to a hanging cage.
6. Phariseer's Tomb, in the elevator chamber. Ride the elevator to the fourth floor, and look high.
7. Judicator's Tomb, in the room with the Bone Giant, on the ceiling.
8. Psychameron, on the dark path that leads to the boss battle. Turn around when you enter.
9. Boneriven, where the paths split in two, look to a stalagmite where the upper path curves.
10. The Soul Arbiter's Maze, behind the portal the leads to the eight floor.
Kingdom of the Dead Stones of Power Locations:
1. Kingdom of the Dead Overworld, at the Maw's northwest ruins. The west wall in the room of portals.
2. Kingdom of the Dead Overworld, across the Spine's southern gate. Climb the gate and turn to the south.
3. Kingdom of the Dead Overworld, at the top interior of the Spine's east tower.
4. Kingdom of the Dead Overworld, at on the back of the statue at Sentinel's Gaze. You'll need Soul Splitter to get past the Corruption.
5. The Lair of the Deposed King, above the entrance to the second Death Tomb at the bottom of
the entry stairs.
6. The Gilded Arena, in the east passage, in a small alcove.
7. Phariseer's Tomb, on a statue's sword hilt in the pit of pillars.
8. Judicator's Tomb, in the second room, on a dangling cage.
9. City of the Dead, at the Wraith Gates, south after Death lowers the east gate.
10. Soul Arbiter's Maze entry, on the west wall.
Kingdom of the Dead Stones of Resistance Locations:
1. Kingdom of the Dead Overworld, in Leviathan's Gorge. Use Deathgrip to move among the hoops, Soul Splitter to access a chest, and look up for the stone.
2. The Eternal Throne, on a pillar in the cargo hold.
3. The Breach's roof, only accessible after rotating the lantern statue at the top of the Maw's northwest ruins.
4. City of the Dead, on the walkways. Look high on the north tower.
- Darksiders 2 Side Quest Guide: Book Of the Dead Page Locations
Lostlight/Earth Stones of Mystics Locations:
1. Lostlight Overworld, on the path to the Crystal Spire, above the door to the third Death Tomb.
2. Lostlight Overworld, at the Crystal Spire, on the statue of the kneeling angel.
3. Lostlight Overworld, at the Crystal Spire, on the other kneeling angel statue.
4. Earth, first area, on the corner of a building to the north.
5. Earth, the subway station, on the ceiling.
6. Earth, the streets to the south of the first area, on the side of a building.
7. Earth, the broken bridge, on a support beam. Pass the first break in the bridge's construction and turn around to find it.
8. Ivory Citadel, in the east courtyard. Follow a passage through the south stairs. After wall running to a chest, turn around for the stone.
9. Ivory Citadel, at the top of the arch on the east tower's lowermost stairs.
Lostlight/Earth Stones of Power Locations:
1. Lostlight Overworld, at the Crystal Spire, on the first floor balcony.
2. Earth, in the west car tunnel, above a chest at the end of a dead end.
3. Earth, on the north wall of the room full of debris, at the hotel.
4. Ivory Citadel, on a statue located on the third floor above the pool of Corruption.
5. Ivory Citadel, in the north courtyard, on the boulders overlooking the south crank that controls the rotating wall.
- Darksiders 2 Video: How to Kill A Boss in Darksiders 2
Lostlight/Earth Stones of Resistance Locations:
1. Earth, where Death battles the Noss. It's on the north building of the plaza.
2. Ivory Citadel, above the door at the top of the west tower.
3. Ivory Citadel, in the room with portal platforming. Use the portals to reach a high chest and turn around, looking to the broken wall.
Shadow's Edge Stones of Mystics Locations:
1. Just kidding! None here.
Shadow's Edge Stones of Power Locations:
1. Shadow's Edge Overworld, in the fourth and final Death Tomb.
2. Shadow's Edge Overworld, in the fourth and final Death Tomb.
3. The Black Stone, when reentering the foyer's past version, on the statue to the north.
4. The Black Stone, present time, on the north wall of the west wing.
5. The Black Stone, on the south wall of the same west wing, once Death has traveled into the past.
Shadow's Edge Stones of Resistance Locations:
1. The Black Stone, on the ceiling of the secret chamber, hidden in the east wing when Death travels to the past.
There you have all the stonebite locations in Darksiders 2! Feed these yummy stones to Blackroot, and for every three you bring, he'll give you something special. Bring them all and you'll receive the Guillotine, a sweet level 19 scythe that deals 161-185 damage, with a critical damage multiplier of 300 percent!