We've known Halo 4 would allow multiplayer specializations for awhile now, but today, we've got all the details for you, as well as more information about what you'll get in Halo 4's limited edition and some info on “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass.
First, let's talk speciliazation. There are eight Specializations in Halo 4, and you can achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career beyond level 50. As you level up through these paths, you will earn an arsenal of combat-enhancing armor mods that provide more options to customize your Spartan-IV to fit your preferred role on the battlefield. In addition, armor sets, emblems, visor colors, weapon and armor skins unique to each Specialization distinguish your Spartan-IV from other players in “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer.
- Wetwork: This is your stealth Spartan. He focused on the elimination of an enemy target with the goal of leaving no tactical footprint behind. The Stealth armor mod allows users to move quickly and silently in combat, executing enemy assassinations with speed and dexterity.
- Pioneer: Spartan optimization for deployment into uncharted, hostile territory, such as uncolonized worlds or Forerunner constructs like Requiem, for the purpose of gathering and relaying information. The Fast Track armor mod allows Spartans to gain more experiential data from each encounter, effectively ranking up quicker during the process.
- Engineer: Spartan optimization for the subversion, repair, and or reconstitution of a wide range of technology, including Covenant and Forerunner complex networks. The Drop Recon armor mod allows users to predict the location and time of an ordnance drop through an external suborbital monitoring system.
- Tracker: Spartan optimization for long-range target tracking (trans-continent and off-world), particularly in scenarios where conventional tracking has failed or such a substantial time has passed that the trail has gone cold. The Requisition armor mod allows users the ability to recall their own ordnance requests in order to acquire more helpful weapons in the field.
- Rogue: Spartan optimization for single-operative missions which require a lone Spartan to be deployed on their own for incredibly long durations of time, even years if required. The Stability armor mod allows users to increase their aiming stability when being fired upon.
- Stalker: Spartan optimization for target shadowing missions which require tactical invisibility despite operating at an extremely close range to the target itself. The Nemesis armor mod allows users to target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor’s passive sensors.
- Pathfinder: Spartan optimization for deep, unconventional deployment within unknown enemy territory and with little to no assistance from command. The Gunner armor mod decreases the time of weapon overheat when occupying a vehicle weapon position and increases Spartan speed while carrying a detached turret.
- Operator: Spartan optimization for the operation and control of a wide range of vehicles: space, air, ground, and sea. The Wheelman armor mod gives Spartans the ability to coax every bit of stamina and durability out of vehicles they are piloting.
Here are some more details on Halo 4's Limited Edition, that will run you $99.99.
- War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
- Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
- UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet – Includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
“Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following bonus videos:
- Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
Exclusive digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armor
- Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armor Skin
- Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
- “Prime” In-Game Emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armor
- Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop
Finally, here's the info on the Halo 4 War Games Map Pass:
Available for $24.992 on Nov. 6, the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass is a standalone option that includes access to nine competitive multiplayer maps – three future War Games map packs, each including three maps – giving you a variety of new battlegrounds post-launch. (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
The “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass represents a discount of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the add-ons individually, and includes three in-game exclusives – the Spartan-IV “Scanner” and “Strider” helmets, and the “Falcon” in-game emblem.