Detailed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 single player, multiplayer, weapons, and zombie info has leaked from an anonymous Associate Producer at Activision. Keep in mind that lists like this leak all the time and usually a lot of the content found within them are either totally made up, or don't make it in to the game. Basically what I'm saying is take the following information with a grain of salt as none of it has been confirmed by Activision. If it does turn out to be legitimate though, we now have a ton of details on one of the most highly anticipated first-person shooters coming this year.
This your spoiler alert.
According to the posting on Dual Shockers, Black Ops 2's story will revolve around Frank Woods as an old man reliving his missions with Alex Mason, and Raul Menendez, a terrorist who's trying to start a war with the world's drone army. The two stories will be interconnected through flashbacks and some of your actions will effect the story.
Throughout your single-player adventure you'll be traveling to places like Afghanistan, Angola, Panama, Haiti, Pakistan, Al Jinan, Singapore, Nicaragua, Los Angeles, and Yemen. Single player will also have perks this time around. An example of a single player perk is brute force, which will allow your character to access certain areas of the game that would otherwise be inaccessible.
While the single player campaign seems interesting, it's the multiplayer changes that are actually pretty incredible. According to the source, Black Ops 2 will include a live streaming feature built right in to the game, and it will have dedicated servers for ranked matches. Live streaming is already a way that millions of people consume entertainment on a daily basis on avenues like YouTube and Twitch.tv. With Black Ops 2 live streaming feature, you'll automatically be able to stream your game on the Internet for your friends and family to watch.
Additionally, there was some info leaked on a new type of zombie mode. In the mode, which doesn't have a name yet, players can get infected and turned in to a zombie, play as a zombie, and infect other players. While as a zombie you'll swipe and claw other players, trying to infect them. It sounds kind of similar to Agent Hunt mode in Resident Evil 6.
As for weapons, there aren't any grenade launchers this time around. Here are some of the primary weapons that will be in the game though, according to the leak:
- Assault Shield
- SCAR assault rifle
- Vector K10 SMG
- Ballistic Knife
- AS-50 sniper rifle
- Storm PSR – Shown in the E3demo.
- Crossbow with explosive tip
- Barreta burst pistol
- Stinger Missile
We've also got a list of some multiplayer locations from the leak:
- Cargo / Dockside – Play through a Singapore shipping yard.
- Aftermath – Play through the ruins of Los Angeles.
- Hijacked – Play through a close quarter map that takes place on a Yacht.
- Slums – Play though slums in panama.
- Drone – Play through a complex with docked aerial drones.
- Power plant – Play through a Pakistan power plant.
- Nightclub – Play in a nightclub from the Al Jinan single player campaign.
- Overflow – Takes place in Pakistan on in a business district.
- Carrier – Takes place on an aircraft carrier U.S.S. Barack Obama from single player.
- Turbine – Takes place in Yemen in a valley with crashed windmills.
- Yemen – Takes place in suburban Yemen with close quarter buildings.
That's all we have for now, but if it turns out to be true then this is a pretty substantial amount of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 info we've been handed. We'll be getting our hands on Black Ops 2 at Gamescom 2012 and will report back with even more details after the show.
Black Ops 2 comes out for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, and PC on November 13, 2012.
Source: Dual Shockers