The PC version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be released on September 18, ending a gaming mystery that dates back several days. The iOS and Mac versions will be released in September. The release date for the Android version has not been announced.
Developer Overhaul games has also revealed some new details about Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition too. We're talking three new characters, new adventures, and new enhancements.
Here are the new characters:
- Rasaad yn Bashir: "a Calishite Monk demonstrating his monastic arts to the people of Nashkel."
- Neera the Wild Mage: "a half-elf wild mage slowly coming to terms with her enormous magical potential."
- Dorn Il-Khan: "a half-orc Blackguard whose otherworldly patron grants him terrible powers in the form of his black sword and unholy spell."
The Black Pits adventure "allows you to create a full party and battle through fifteen hellish battles in a desperate bid to escape. Difficult challenges, unique battles, and a bizarre cast of characters await you within the Underdark!"
As for the "Enhancement" part of the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, here's a breakdown:
- Enhanced Interface: "an updated and improved interface that has native support for high resolution and widescreen displays. The iPad and Android Tablet versions both contain platform specific interface enhancements.
- Improved Multiplayer: "Online multiplayer has been upgraded to include matchmaking functionality, and games can be played across multiple platforms.
- Core Game Improvement: "The original source code has been cleaned up and improved, sped up, and now has support for modern platforms. Over 400 issues from the original game have been found and fixed."
- Baldur's Gate 2 Features: All of the additions and improvements from Baldur's Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn have been brought to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Now you can use class kits, new subraces and classes that were previously unavailable.
- New Cinematics: "Baldur's Gate cinematics have been replaced with beautifully hand painted animated cinematics, directed by Nat Jones."
- Ongoing Support: "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will continue to receive improvements after release, along with continued support for the vibrant mod community that has helped it remain so popular for so long."
For more information on Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, check out the official site!