The first Max Payne 3 DLC, "Local Justice," is coming out on July 3 for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.It will be out July 17 for the PC.
The pack includes three new maps for Max Payne 3 multiplayer featuring areas from the game’s final chapters, plus a new weapon, a new item, a new multiplayer faction and new Achievements, Trophies or Social Club accomplishments.
"Local Justice" was originally planned for a June release, and to make up for the slight delay, Rockstar is making it available during launch week for a discounted price of 480 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $5.99 on PSN and PC. After that, it will return to its normal price of 640 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $7.99 on PSN and PC. If you've purchased the Max Payne 3 "Rockstar Pass" you'll receive the pack free of charge.
Additionally on July 3, all pre-order and retail DLC will be available for purchase on Xbox LIVE and PSN.
The "Local Justice" pack contains:
- 55th Battalion HQ map for all game modes
- The Imperial Palace/Departure Lounge maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer
- Light Fingers Item for faster looting
- M4 Assault Rifle with attachments
- São Paulo Police Faction with related avatar customization options
Previous pre-order bonuses that will be available for purchase on July 3:
- Cemetery Map: 160 MSFT Points / $1.99 PSN
- Silent Killer Loadout Pack: 160 MSFT Points / $1.99 PSN
- Pill Bottle Item: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
- Deadly Force Burst: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
- Classic Max Payne Character: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
PC players will also be able to get the pre-order and retail DLC on July 17th when the Local Justice Pack launches for PC.
I really liked Max Payne 3, but for some reason, have no interest at all in revisiting it. For me, it was one of those games that was fantastic while I was playing it, but just not begging for a replay... although, I do want to take a look at the new maps. What about you? Any thoughts, people?