Steelseries' Diablo 3 gaming gear is stylish, functional, and most importantly, the Steelseries Diablo 3 headset and the Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse are perfect for long gaming periods. Face it, that's exactly what you're going to need while crawling through the many layers of Blizzard Entertainment's latest action role playing game. In our latest edition of Tech Junkies, Rob Manuel and Leah Jackson review Steelseries' Diablo 3 headset, mouse, and mousepads.
After the break you can find our in-depth review of the Steelseries Diablo 3 headset and mouse.
Steelseries Diablo 3 Headset
- The Steelseries’ Diablo 3 Headset is designed like Steelseries’ Siberia model of headsets, but with a sexy Diablo 3 twist.
- The headset's extremely comfortable. Good for long gaming periods like D3.
- The cans will easily fit around anyone's ears thanks to Steelseries' over-the-head suspension technology.
- 18 LED lights on this headset with 4 pulsating options.
- Sound quality isn’t that great but it'll do.
- Leather covered noise reducing foam to keep sound out.
- Retractable mic with noise cancelling technology.
The Steelseries’ Diablo 3 Headset is designed like Steelseries’ Siberia model of headsets, but with a sexy Diablo 3 twist. It's extremely comfortable and thanks to Steelseries' over-the-head suspension technology the headset will easily fit around just about anyone's head without having to adjust it at all.
Across the headset’s over-the-head suspension you can see the D3 logo, and on the cans you’ll find some gorgeous D3-esque embellishments and it even glows. There are 18 LED lights on the headset with 4 different pulsating options. You can even make the lights mimick your in-game activity click by click...by click by click by click.
Unfortunately the sound quality isn’t that great with these. They do support 50mm drivers and a sport a leather covered noise reducing foam to keep sound out, so it isn’t that bad. They’re just not for people who need the best sound quality possible, (which you won't need for Diablo 3 anyway).
Of course the headset’s got a mic, since Steelseries knows you’re going to be playing Diablo 3 with some friends. The mic’s retractable but more importantly it’s got noise cancelling technology so your friends will always be able to hear you and not what’s going on around you.
Bottom Line: This headset is for those gamers who are going to be playing Diablo 3 on end for hours and hours and hours at a time, click click clicking their hearts out. It’s lightweight, comfortable, and durable. The sound quality’s definitely good enough for all your Diablo 3 needs, and the mic’s great for talking to your friends while you play. I’d absolutely recommend the headset.
The Steelseries Diablo 3 Mouse
- Basically plug and play.
- The best thing about the mouse is its durability.
- Omrom switches which will make it last three times longer than most mice. "10 million clicks"
- The mouse glows red in three areas: the wheel, the CPI switch, and on the D3 logo at the back of the mouse.
- Double-braided nylon cord and a gold plated USB.
- Avago laser sensor with up to 5700 CPI.
The Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse is perfect for anyone who’s planning on click click clicking their way through Sanctuary and everything Diablo 3 has to offer. It’s easy to set up, basically plug and play, and it works like a dream.
The best thing about the mouse is its durability, which is extremely important if you’re going to be playing an action role playing game like Diablo 3. It’s equipped with Omrom switches which will make it last three times longer than most mice. Steelseries guarantees it’ll last up to 10 million clicks, which is quite impressive. The mouse also features an Avago laser sensor with up to 5700 CPI.
Style wise, the mouse glows red in three areas: the wheel, the CPI switch, and on the Diablo 3 logo at the back of the mouse. It’s also got a slick double-braided nylon cord and a gold plated USB.
Bottom Line: The Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse will be perfect for anyone who’s looking for a stylish, yet durable mouse It's not anymore expensive than other gaming mice and it'll last you throughout all your Diablo 3 gaming and beyond.