Old School classic strategy game Battle Chess may return via Kickstarter. The original 1988 chess simulator is well known by older gamer cats for taking the best game ever invented and adding cartoonish animations, essentially making Chess a more user-friendly and less ponderous experience--The core gameplay was flawless, and the graphics and animation added a layer of flash. Developer Subdued Software would like to update Battle Chess for the modern era, but need the help (and cash) of gamers to make it happen. The goal is $100,000, and they have 25 days to go.
If you're on the bubble about whether to donate, check out the video above, and click the "Read More" tag for an itemized list of the features planned for 2012's Battle Chess.
- Fully articulated 3D models
- Revamped chess engine designed to challenge players of all levels
- Online multiplayer with ranking system
- Choose from three unique battlegrounds
- Over 75 unique battle sequences viewable in cinematic 3D or in classic mode
- Original musical score and professional voice talent
- Video chess tutorials
- 7 new game modes, including a challenge mode - can you solve these perplexing problems?
Should this game come to exist, I will school any of you reading this at Battle Chess. There can be no doubt as to my Grandmaster steez.