Cheats and Walkthroughs
Cheats and Walkthroughs
DUST 514 for the PS3 and EVE Online for the PC are connected in several integral, compelling ways. For one, they share a universe and server. Second, they share currency which can be traded between games and even be used to trade up for real world gifts such as extended play time or even an Nvidia graphics card. Third, and coolest of all, you'll be able to call in an orbital strike in DUST from a player on EVE.
Now with all those sorts of connecting features, you'd think DUST 514 might be left in the cold in regards to its own development, right? Wrong. Straight from the CCP keynote at the 2012 CCP Fanfest in Iceland, here are some things DUST 514 players can expect to see come their way, post-release from developer CCP:
- First, expect the connection between DUST 514 and EVE Online to grow even deeper. With the introduction of DUST 514, CCP really wants the EVE universe to be the biggest in gaming history, and they're on track to do it. You'll see things like orbital and surface command centers, transfer of resources, and planetary control updates in both games, blending the two even further.
- Also get ready for DUST 514 to go way beyond expectations, as it's not designed to forever be just a quick assault and defend game. CCP wants to introduce a sort of gladiator style arena that blends reality's eSports with DUST's competitive play. This is where you'll see things like Capture The Flag, Deathmatch, and Team Deathmatch. One of the best parts? As an EVE player, you'll be able to bet ISK on the battles.
- Those who aren't so into PvP won't be left out in the cold. PvE plans are in place so that in the future, DUST players will be able to fight rogue drones instead of player-controlled opponents. This will also help break in new players, or those who just aren't as into PvP, but still are interested in the EVE/DUST universe.
- Planets will not always be so kind to your world-weary soldiers. A future expansion of DUST 514 will allow players to battle across hostile, non-temperate planets as well. During the CCP keynote, we saw screens of a hovercraft floating amongst flowing lava and sheer cliff faces.
- Finally, the power loader from Aliens continues to leave its mark on science fiction, as MTACs – or Mechanized Torso-Actuated Chassis – will be deployable in the future as well. Typically, these are used for mining, and so they are only armed with a basic laser and claws. But as the battle rages at ground level, who knows what could happen?
And those are the big plans for the future of DUST 514, straight from CCP at Fanfest in Iceland. If the orbital strike didn't get you at least curious about DUST, how does all this strike you? Want to know more about how the game actually feels? Be sure to check out our Dust 514 preview, as well and let us know your thoughts below!