This weekend, Bioware is hosting a Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend, so your plans are made. Here's how it works: You join your friends online on Xbox 360 and PC between Friday, 3/16 at 5PM PST and Monday, 3/18 at 5AM PST and play some co-op. Participants will have an opportunity to attain rewards to be used in Commander Shepard’s battle to take Earth back.
Here are the challenges:
- Any player who is part of a squad that beats the Reaper faction on Silver difficulty or better will unlock one Commendation Pack. This means that at least one member of the squad must be extracted at the end of the mission – this will earn all squad members the reward. Each player can earn a maximum of one pack and each pack contains a random N7 Arsenal Weapon. Originally only available as single-player weapons via the N7 Collector’s Edition, these multiplayer variants will be exceptionally rare and are NOT obtainable through regular purchasable Reinforcement Packs. The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: (1) N7 Crusader Shotgun, (2) N7 Eagle Pistol, (3) N7 Hurricane SMG and (4) N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.
- Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge, ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward.
Along with the challenge, Bioware also sent over some interesting stats about how Mass Effect 3's multiplayer is going so far. Here are the numbers:
- 83 Billion: Total credits earned in multiplayer
- 33 Percent: Number of matches that end in a failed extraction
- 36 Percent: Number of players who enter battle with an assault rifle.
- 2 Million: Cerebus Phantoms killed.
- 1,800 Years: Total time spent with all player on multiplayer
- 18 Percent, 17 Percent, 16 Percent: Respective choices of Solidier, Vanguard, Infiltrator
- Less Than 1 Percent: MP Matches Played on Gold difficulty
- 6.43 Percent: People who play as Turians
- 618,000: Number of Battlefield 3 soldier kits used