Final Fantasy 13-2 has a ton of minigames, one of which is called Brain Blast. Brain Blast is basically a quiz terminal found throughout the city of Academia. There are four Brain Blast terminals in the city and they each have around 70 different randomly generated questions for you.
- GUIDE: Final Fantasy 13-2 Brain Blast Guide: All The Answers To The New Town (Southwest) Terminal Questions
If you can manage to answer ten consecutive questions at a terminal correctly then you'll be rewarded with Fragments, CP, and a treasure box. It sounds easy, but the questions are so bizarre that we wanted to put together a Brain Blast guide to help you out. This guide holds all of the answers for the Brain Blast terminal in New Town (North) Terminal. Check after the break for all of the answers.
As you'll see, we didn't bother with all of the wrong answer choices that you have to pick from. When you see the question the terminal asks you, an easy way to find the answer within this guide is to type CTRL + F and then begin typing the question in the find box in your browser. It will show you exactly where the question you need is on the list, as the terminals ask these questions randomly. The corresponding Xbox and PlayStation 3 buttons are also listed next to each choice. Let's get started.
Brain Blast! New Town (North) Terminal
1. Q: According to the philosopher Denrith, humans are merely an intellectual version of a certain monster, without he ability of looking innocent on the outside, but being conniving on the inside. What monster was he referring to?
A: (O) / (B) Cactuar
2. Q: After the fall of Cocoon, the public became more and more aware of the truth behind the fal'Cie and their actions. What part of the truth was fudged in history textbooks?
A: (^) / (Y) The intent of the fal'Cie
3. Q: Around 100 AF, a TV show based on the battle of l'Cie was in production, but got canceled at the last minute. What was the name of the show?
A: (X) / (A) Don't Mess with the 'Fro'
4. Q: Around 100 AF, which test was proved invalid and superfluous by the Academy?
A: (O) / (B) Role-based personality test
5. Q: Around 400 AF, the '??? male' became a popular phrase. What goes in the blank?
A: (O) / (B) Armored
6. Q: BBQ Ben's is famous for their cheap, but delicious behemoth meat. Rumor has it they have close ties with certain government officials. How are they able to serve meat at such a reasonable price?
A: (^) / (Y) They get leftover beasts from research labs.
- GUIDE: Final Fantasy 13-2 Brain Blast Guide: All The Answers To The Grand Avenue Square Terminal Questions
7. Q: Before Cocoon's aerial railway, people rode the trains that ran along the ground. What was the name of Cocoon's old terminal?
A: (X) / (A) Nautilus and Bodham
8. Q: Chocobo riding used to be mandatory at all private schools. However, it was cancelled indefinitely due to what kind of complaint from the parents?
A: () / (X) The chocobo smell would rub off on the students
9. Q: During the festival of the Day of Rebirth, which food stand gets the most business from children?
A: () / (X) Microchu mousse
10. Q: How do people refer to the day of Cocoon's fall?
A: (^) / (Y) The Day of Rebirth
11. Q: How does Hope refer to Lightning?
A: (X) / (A) Light
12. Q: How does Hope's time capsule work?
A: () / (X) It slows down time within the device
13. Q: In the children's song 'Chelsea's Bubbles,' she is able to blow a bubble as high as the biggest, roundest thing one can see. How high was she able to blow her bubble?
A: () / (X) To the skies of Cocoon
14. Q: In the popular children's show 'Cocoon Five,' what is the name of the five heroes' ultimate attack?
A: (O) / (B) Cocoon's Final Attack
15. Q: Spells can be sealed into cards and sent as gifts. Which spell makes for a popular birthday card?
A: (O) / (B) Cure
16. Q: Stem is the new recreational drug of choice among the young and quickly becoming a social issue. The ingredient can be found in Sunleth Waterscape. What is it?
A: (^) / (Y) Dried habanero leaves
17. Q: The chocobos first used by Chocobo Delivery Services were based on the colors of nature. What colors were they?
A: () / (X) Green and yellow
18. Q: The Lumeritz singing competition began 100 years after the first paradox. What year was that?
A: (X) / (A) 103 AF
19. Q: The monster movie "The Imp" was a big hit among a niche crowd that raved about its cuteness. What did half the movie consist of?
A: (X) / (A) Dancing imps
20. Q: The New Bodhum urban legend about a man with a knife is based on who?
A: (X) / (A) Tonberry
21. Q: The popular DJ DK sports thick sideburns and a mohawk. What is the name of this hairstyle?
A: () / (X) Chocobo hair
22. Q: What accessory is considered to grant wishes, but is seldom used because of its smell?
A: (^) / (Y) Chocobo feather
23. Q: What accessory is recommended for those who want to boost their physical attack power?
A: () / (X) Power Wristband
24. Q: What advertising media was widely seen in Palumpolum as a result of energy conservation?
A: (X) / (A) Blimps
25. Q: What course substance is known as a fast-acting cold reliever?
A: (X) / (A) Microchu baby teeth?
26: Q: What company's business has been booming due to the numerous deliveries required between Cocoon and Gran Pulse?
A: (O) / (B) Chocobo Delivery Service
27. Q: What determines the altitude of flights from Cocoon to Gran Pulse?
A: (O) / (B) The arm's length of fal'Cie Titan
28. Q: What does on ecall cooked behemoth meat that's hung out to dry for three days?
A: (O) / (B) Cured meat
29. Q: What does that cactuar sign seen at the amusement parks imply?
A: (O) / (B) Emergency exits
30. Q: What happens to a l'Cie once they complete their Focus?
A: (^) / (Y) They turn to crystal
31. Q: What is a baby moogle called?
A: (X) / (A) A moogling
32. Q: What is someone who sits at home all day generally called?
A: (X) / (A) Bear
33. Q: What is the acronym for the Academia Central Broadcasting Station?
A: (X) / (A) ACBS
34. Q: What is the behemoth kind incapable of doing?
A: () / (X) Shooting a thousand needles from its body
35. Q: What is the best act of the circus troupe the Circus Riders, a group of acrobats who use airbuses for dangerous stunts?
A: (X) / (A) Chicken race
36. Q: What is the famous painting by Geraint, the artist representing the new wave style of post-Cocoon?
A: () / (X) 'Cosmos'
37. Q: What is the full name of Professor Garnett, the editor-in-chief of the modern history textbook of 400 AF?
A: () / (X) Micah Garnett
38. Q: What is the name of the dish composed of flan flesh filled with silver lobo meat?
A: (O) / (B) Flan fal'Cie
39. Q: What is the name of the elevator connecting Gran Pulse with Cocoon?
A: () / (X) Gran Elevator
40. Q: What is the name of the phenomenon that occurs on Gran Pulse due to the winds carrying away the sand?
A: (O) / (B) The Shimmering Sands phenomenon
41. Q: What is the orobon incapable of doing?
A: (O) / (B) Exploding into a pile of dust
42. Q: What is the surname of the Sanctum representative Cid, former commander of the Calvary?
A: (O) / (B) Raines
43. Q: What meat is used in the popular hunter's dish, 'Chef's Grudge?'
A: () / (X) Cooked tonberry tail
44. Q: What mythology-based movie won the Tantalus Award for Best FIlm in 328 AF?
A: (O) / (B) 'From Etro with Love'
45. Q: What popular game to the kids play on the shores of New Bodhum?
A: (X) / (A) Hopscotch
46. Q: What project is being criticized by reformist groups for pushing Academia to become a closed city?
A: (X) / (A) Elimination of foreign trade
47. Q: What topic is most touched upon in the modern history book of 400 AF?
A: (^) / (Y) Paradox
48. Q: What type of flan was discovered in 150 AF and has since been popular among couples?
A: (^) / (Y) Fetching flan
49. Q: What was Dajh's ability as a l'Cie?
A: () / (X) Sensing power of Pulse origin
50. Q: What was the name of New Bodhum's soccer team, one of the few teams that participated in the first season on Gran Pulse in 4-5 AF?
A: (O) / (B) The Enterprise
51. Q: What was the name of the device used by Sanctum's elite soldiers that allowed one to control gravity?
A: () / (X) Grav-con Unit
52. Q: What was the name of the military squad led by Cid Raines?
A: (O) / (B) Rapid Response Team
53. Q: What was the name of the parade that was once held in Nautilus?
A: (X) / (A) Pompa Sancta
54. Q: What was the name of the weapon used to shoot Cocoon's garbage into outer space?
A: (^) / (Y) Megajunk cannon
55. Q: What was the reason Volcano Day was established?
A: () / (X) Eruption of Heaven's Mountains
56. Q: What was the task of the government-operated PSICOM?
A: () / (X) Protecting Cocoon from Pulse
57. Q: What was the title of the bestselling book of 10 AF about a young girl and her transformation into a Cie'th?
A: () / (X) 'The Dark Brand'
- REVIEW: Final Fantasy 13-2 Review
58. Q: What water sport requires athletes to wear floats on their legs as they fight over a flag?
A: (^) / (Y) Waterstrike
59. Q: When Serah became a l'Ciem she hid her brand with a bandage. Where on her body did the brand appear?
A: (X) / (A) Left upper arm
60. Q: When Snow became a l'Cie, where did the brand appear?
A: () / (X) Left arm
61. Q: When soldiers say 'You're a real Ochu!' what do they mean?
A: () / (X) I can count on you
62. Q: When the Academy discovered the crystal pillar was in bad condition, what solution did they come up with to try and secure living space?
A: () / (X) Build a new Cocoon
63. Q: Where is the ideal place to raise a chocobo chick?
A: (X) / (A) Humid plains
64. Q: Where was Proto fal'Cie Adam created?
A: (X) / (A) Augusta Tower
65. Q: Which activity is based on the architecture of Academia and immensely popular among the teens?
A: () / (X) Free fall
66. Q: Which architect designed the congress hall founded in the capital city of Eden?
A: () / (X) Augustio Camille
67. Q: Which invaluable ore is sought after by miners everywhere?
A: (O) / (B) Uraninite
68. Q: Which monster wields the Centaurion Blade?
A: (^) / (Y) Immortal
69. Q: Which movie portraying a couple torn apart by the Purge won the Tantalus Award for Best Film?
A: (^) / (Y) 'My Gran Pulse Lover'
70. Q: Which of the following did not occur directly after the publication of Woodrich's novel 'Human Belong to the Fal'Cie'?
A: (^) / (Y) It became a best-seller
71. Q: Which of the following is not programmed into the sunglasses of the Serendipity card dealers?
A: (^) / (Y) X-ray vision
72. Q: Which regiment was Lighting assigned to when she was in the military?
A: (^) / (Y) Bodhum Security Regiment
73. Q: Who is the distinguished economist who said, 'Humans are merely animals that earn gil'?
A: (^) / (Y) Gilmay Erskin
74. Q: Who used to live in Oerba?
A: (X) / (A) Fang
75. Q: Whose life revolves around collecting data on monsters?
A: (X) / (A) Dr. M
76. Q: Why was the piece 'Cocoon and the Five Moons' stripped of its title for first place in the 35th Academia Photo Exhibition?
A: (O) / (B) It was digitally altered
Stay tuned to G4TV.com for the answers to all of the other Brain Blast terminals and other Final Fantasy 13-2 guides. If you're having some trouble with anything in particular, be sure to leave a comment and we'll be happy to help you out!