Final Fantasy 13-2 has a ton of minigames, one of which is called Brain Blast. Brain Blast is basically a quiz terminal found throughout the city of Academia. There are four Brain Blast terminals in the city and they each have around 70 different randomly generated questions for you.
- GUIDE: Final Fantasy 13-2 Brain Blast Guide: All The Answers To The Grand Avenue Square Terminal Questions
If you can manage to answer ten consecutive questions at a terminal correctly then you'll be rewarded with Fragments, CP, and a treasure box. It sounds easy, but the questions are so bizarre that we wanted to put together a Brain Blast guide to help you out. This guide holds all of the answers for the Brain Blast terminal in New Town (Southwest). Check after the break for all of the answers.
As you'll see, we didn't bother with all of the wrong answer choices that you have to pick from. When you see the question the terminal asks you, an easy way to find the answer within this guide is to type CTRL + F and then begin typing the question in the find box in your browser. It will show you exactly where the question you need is on the list, as the terminals ask these questions randomly. The corresponding Xbox and PlayStation 3 buttons are also listed next to each choice. Let's get started.
Brain Blast! New Town (SouthWest) Terminal
1. 4D fireworks are used at ceremonies. Besides sight and hearing, what other sense does it stimulate?
A: (X)/(A) Smell
2. After the annual singing competition, people shower each other with an alcoholic beverage to celebrate the new year. What is the name of this beverage created using chocobos' favorite vegetable?
A: (O)/(B) Mimett
3. Around 150 AF, what accessory inspired by Cocoon's pillar was won by people everywhere as a symbol of friendship?
A: (O)/(B) Cocoon charm bracelet
4. Around 150 AF, higher-ups of the provisional government and the Academy butted heads, leading to the disappearance of key person. How did they refer to this period?
A: ()/(X) The Dark War
5.As Serah and Noel appeared in the past time and time again, what research project received lots of funding and donations?
A: ()/(X) Moogle throw simulator
6. As the people were released from fal'Cle rule, many strove to find a new god. What is the design of the god worshipped by those left on Cocoon based on?
A: (^)/(Y) Crystal pillar
7. As the population on Gran Pulse increased, what business took off?
A: (X)/(A) Private military companies
8. During their journey, when did Mog decide he needed to go on a diet?
A: ()/(X) When Serah had trouble swinging her sword
9. Every few centuries, the light emitted by the fal'Cie Phoenix will flicker, causing a moment of darkness. What is this phenomenon called?
A: (X)/(A) Flames of Rebirth
10. How did the Academy revamp their program in order to provide more opportunities for the less fortunate?
A: They improved their scholarship programs
11. How did the chocobo breed Wild Broom get its name?
A: (O)/(B) Coat
12. How do flan reproduce?
A: (^)/(Y) They duplicate
13. In @ AF, what did the civilians create to signify their independence from the fal'Cie?
A: (O)/(B) An oath of autonomy
14.In 320 AF, what city was voted the best place to live by Academy scientists?
A: (X)/(A) Academia
15. In 400 AF Academia, the term 'paradigm shift' is used by office workers everywhere. What does it refer to?
A: (^)/(Y) Reshuffling staff
16. In Academia's popular women's magazine, what is the number one attribute to look for in a man?
A: (O)/(B) Academy job
17. In Sazanbar Cape, one of the famous tourist spots in New Bodhum, what contest is held that is painful to watch?
A: ()/(X) Student poetry reading
18. In the Chocobo of the New Year contest that determines the best chocobo in world, the chocobos are ranked based on speed and what else?
A: (X)/(A) Grace
19. In the story 'Three Little Microchus,' what did the youngest use to build his house?
A: (O)/(B) Stone
20. Many people gather at Yaschas Massif to watch the sunrise. What is a necessary item to have in your procession when walking along the dangerous monster-infested path at night?
A: ()/(X) Something that emits light
21: Marion, the main character of the show 'Black Gloves,' has split personality disorder. He has two occupations: a cold-blooded assassin and what else?
A: (Y)/(Y) Hairdresser
22. Mythril Hearts Co. is famous of their mythril accessories. Which creepy-yet-fashionable accessory is the most popular?
A: (X)/(A) Oneiric Bangle
23. Rauccous cheese looks vile and has a pungent smell unlike anything else. What is it made from?
A: (^)/(Y) Behemoth milk
24. Subject Zero was the first experimental subject to undergo the duplicate creation process. Because they didn't have the technology to create synthetic flesh at time, which of the following was used as the test subject?
A: (^)/(Y) A behemoth bioweapon
25. The bighorn is an instrument used in Nautilus's parade. wht is this instrument so hard to make?
A: (O)/(B) The intricate carvings require too much work
26. The Cocoon Firefly discovered on Pulse does not exist on Cocoon. How did it get its name?
A: ()/(X) To remember Cocoon
27. The communication game 'Choco-Bomb' is a favorite among the students of Academia. what was the original name of the game as it underwent development?
A: ()/(X) 'On the Choco-Brink'
28. The flying Tortoise was Bodhum's most famous hotel that was booked till the end of time. What was the attraction that made the resort so popular?
A: (^)/(Y) An aerial hot tub
29. The hunters of the Steppe love their flan. What part of the flan must be removed in order to ensure no poison is left in the creature?
- REVIEW: Final Fantasy 13-2 Review
A: (^)/(Y) Liver
30. The most common variety of cactus is used for cooking. what color is it?
A: ()/(X) Green
31. The National Weather Service controlled Cocoon's weather and what?
A: (^)/(Y) Seasons
32. The Sabbath is an event where people gather to watch monsters dance and frolic. Which is the best dancer of them all?
A: (X)/(A) Succubus
33. The Sanctum army tried to create a bioweapon using a mu, but realized enemy soldiers wouldn't take it seriously for which reason?
A: (O)/(B) They were too adorable
34. The skyscraper's observation deck in Academia was built on a floor based on the incident of 100 AF. What floor is it on?
A: (^)/(Y) 132nd floor
35. The women of Academia are raving about a new powder foundation called Adam. What is the main ingredient of this product?
A: (O)/(B) Adamantoise fang
36.Those with big appetites go to the restaurant Edenwalker of which dish?
A: (^)/(Y) The BBQ sheep challenge
37. What dish can only be made in Sunleth from ingredients found in that region?
A: (^)/(Y) Patroller's weed salad
38. What incredible new species of cactus did Professor Oga Wan discover during his years of research?
A: (O)/(B) The long-necked cactus
39. What si the common name for the Helix breshantha, a conch shell found only in the Bresha region?
A: (X)/(A) Soilentoise
40. What is the energy drink made from gysahl greens?
A: (^)/(Y) Kweh!
41. What is the hit song of Bombtanians, Cocoon's all-violin band known for their melancholy sound?
A: (O)/(B) 'Beautiful Ballad'
42. What is the main ingredient of exquisite maple honey, a sugary sweet condiment said to be developed from crystals?
A: (O)/(B) Sunleth tree sap
43. What is the main ingredient of phantom honey, a condiment with a rather pungent smell?
A: (O)/(B) Ochu flower honey
44. What is the main reason of the seldomly occurring vehicular accidents in Academia?
A: (O)/(B) Human error
45. What is the name of the beverage created using the water from Sunleth Waterscape?
A: (X)/(A) Sunleth's Legend
46. What is the relationship between the two runners who placed first in the 106th Eden Marathon thanks to their unbreakable bond?
A: (X)/(A) Rivals
47.What is the title of the dark fantasy show based on this world?
A: (X)/(A) 'Highway to the Chaos Zone'
48. What monster toy can only be purchased in the Steppe?
A: ()/(X) Cactuar
49. What multi-colored artificial forest is registered as a Sanctum heritage site?
A: (X)/(A) Bifrost Forest
50. What natural material is used to build the solid outer sell of the new Coccon?
A: (O)/(B) Adamantoise shell
51. What New Bodhum specialty uses fresh seafood?
A: (^)/(Y) Sahagin Jerky
52. What new breed of flan look young throughout their entire lives but grow in size as they age?
A: ()/(X) Ginorminiflan
53. What new service is provided by the Chocobo Delivery Service?
A: (^)/(Y) Surprise deliveries
54. What part of the weapon does Mog's bobble become?
A: (O)/(B) A decorative jewel
55. What phrase became popular thanks to the popular anime 'The Mog Team"?
A: (X)/(A) Hasta la vista, kupo!
56. What silver-colored invaluable are used to be found in Haerii?
A: ()/(X) Platinum
57. What takes place at the annual Gran Pulse festival La Prettina, an event that celebrates the coming of spring?
A: ()/(X) People throw flan at one another
58. What vehicle does Hecatoncheir transform into in gestalt mode?
A: Magitek Armor
59. What was the name of the act performed by the comedic duo Thousand Giggles in Academia 380 AF?
A: ()/(X) Count Cactuar
60. What was the name of the scandal involving the provisional government and blank documents?
A: (O)/(B) Blank sheet incident
61. When a woman calls someone a 'chocobo feather man,' what does she mean?
A: (O)/(B) Someone who won't commit
62. When someone with a pure heart rides a chocobo, heavenly music rings in their ears. The sound comes from which part of the chocobo?
A: (X)/(A) Chest feathers
63. Where is hoax herb, a plant not readily spotted by hikers, generally found?
A: ()/(X) Yachas Massif
64. Which boomerang brand is the most popular among those who hunt for sport?
A: (^)/(Y) Airwing
65. Which extravagant bottle of alcohol, known as PN, is a popular among celebrities of its rich, deep flavor?
A: (O)/(B) Pinot Noel
66. Which of the following has never been weighed?
A: ()/(X) Cocoon
67. Which stupidly strong alcoholic beverage known to 'taste like death' is popular among the elderly?
A: (X)/(A) Cie'th Killer
68. While the transportation system was being redeveloped, how were goods delivered to and from Cocoon?
A: ()/(X) Military jets
69. Who is know as the world's best weapon smith that designs and creates the finest swords know to man?
A: (^)/(Y) Masamune
70. Who is the chairman of Academia's amateur wrestling league, who was once and still claims to be one of the smallest but best wrestlers in the world?
A: (O)/(B) Maksed Microchu
71. Who is the cute mascot of the popular game show 'Cue This'?
A: ()/(X) Cuebat
72. Who was the first female prime minister to represent the Sanctum?
A: (O)/(B) Ivory Marilia
73. Who was the girl that won the 41st Junior Sports Hunting Championship with a perfect score?
A: (^)/(Y) Elle Larskin
74. Why does the owner of Curious refuse to sell the pair of shoes on display in the front window?
A: (O)/(B) They're both made for the right foot
Stay tuned to G4TV.com for the answers to all of the other Brain Blast terminals and other Final Fantasy 13-2 guides. If you're having some trouble with anything in particular, be sure to leave a comment and we'll be happy to help you out!