Final Fantasy 13-2 holds a variety of minigames and one of the hardest games is Captain Cryptic's Confounding Quiz. We've put together this Captain Cryptic's Confounding Quiz Guide to help you get through his quiz and earn the best rewards possible, because his questions can be very confusing.
Rather than being in the same place like the Quiz Terminals, Captain Cryptic can be found throughout Academia in 11 random spots. He's also "out of phase" (i.e. invisible), so if you find him you have to perform the Moogle Hunt ability on him to make him appear.
- GUIDE: Final Fantasy 13-2 Brain Blast Guide: All The Answers To The Grand Avenue Square Terminal Questions
If you can answer all of Captain Cryptic's questions then you'll be rewarded with fragments and CP. After the break you'll find a list of the fragments you can earn from completing the quiz as well as all of the answers.
First off let's go over the rewards you can get for doing Captain Cryptic's quiz.
- Complete one correct answer: 400 CP and Quiz Rank: Private Fragment
- Complete two consecutive answers: 400 CP and Quiz Rank: Sergeant Fragment
- Complete three consecutive correct answers: 600 CP and Quiz Rank: Lieutenant Fragment
- Complete four consecutive correct answers: 600 CP and Quiz Rank: Colonel Fragment
- Complete five consecutive correct answers: 1,000 CP and Quiz Rank: General Fragment
You might be thinking, "I only need to get five questions right to get the best prize?" Well, once you see how absurd the questions are you'll understand why. But that's what this guide is for. The hardest part of doing Captain Cryptic's quiz might be finding him.
Here are a few tips to finding Captain Cryptic:
There are 11 positions where Captain Cryptic can be: seven in and around Grand Avenue, three in New Town, and one in the Alley. Everytime you go to Academia from the Historia Crux his location will be different.
- REVIEW: Final Fantasy 13-2 Review
Talk to civilians in Grand Avenue and New Town in Academia. If they say anything that refers to "East" then Captain Cryptic will be in Grand Avenue or the Alley. If they say anything that refers to "West" he'll be in New Town.
As you'll see, we didn't bother with all of the wrong answer choices that you have to pick from. When you see the question the terminal asks you, an easy way to find the answer within this guide is to type CTRL + F and then begin typing the question in the find box in your browser. It will show you exactly where the question you need is on the list, as the terminals ask these questions randomly. The corresponding Xbox and PlayStation 3 buttons are also listed next to each choice. Let's get started.
1) Q: A long gui born during the catastrophe would be how old in 400 AF?
A: () / (X) A few hundred years old
2) Q: After the fall of Cocoon, a new era began. What does AF stand for?
A: (O) / (B) After the fall
3) Q: Alyssa was with a friend during the Purge. What was her friend's name?
A: (^) / (Y) Nena Stein
4) Q: Behemoth meat was a rare treat in Noel's era. How was it cooked?
A: () / (X) Roasted
5) Q: Besides military personnel, what group of people was exempt from the Purge?
A: () / (X) Sanctum employees
6) Q: Duplicates are a 3D portrayal of what?
A: (^) / (Y) People
7) Q: During the War of Transgression, what kind of sword was used by the legendary knight?
A: (O) / (B) A sword of crystal
8) Q: Everyone wants a piece of this monster, whether it be a fragment, shell, or speck of ash!
A: (O) / (B) Bomb
9) Q: From the central pathway of Academia, if you cross the bridge west of Chocolina, what will you see on the sign in front of you?
A: () / (X) A tree
10) Q: Goblin Maddog is Gran Pulse's boxing champion. What phrase is used by his fans when cheering him on?
A: (X) / (A) Goblinhancement!
11) Q: How does a hedge frog return home to lay its eggs?
A: (X) / (A) They attach themselves to other animals
12) Q: How many blades are on the windmill in Oerba?
A: (^) / (Y) 3
13) Q: How many consecutive slot machine wins were achieved in the memorable Double Lucky Seven Incident?
A: (O) / (B) 14
14) Q: How many lights are there above the gate of the mysterious fighting arena linked to Sunleth?
A: (^) / (Y) 6
15) Q: How many toes does a sheep have?
A: (^) / (Y) 3
16) Q: In 360 AF, what revolutionary idea solved Academia's power shortage issue?
A: (^) / (Y) Typhoon energy
17) Q: In 4XX AF, a man was blacklisted for hanging around the Academy headquarters. Why was he there?
A: () / (X) He was in love with Alyssa
18) Q: In 7 AF, Bom-Bites became a favorite snack of residents of Palumpolum. What is the unique characteristic of this dessert?
A: (X) / (A) It feels like balloons popping in your mouth.
19) Q: In Gran Pulse mythology, who is referred to as the false demon?
A: (O) / (B) Lindzei
20 )Q: In New Bodhum, what group of people frequently uses the path along the shore?
A: (X) / (A) Surfers
21) Q: In order to tell the duplicates apart from the humans, how are they programmed to greet people?
A: (X) / (A) Welcome
22) Q: In Palumpolum's arial road race GP, which airbike was criticized and called names such as the "flying white pig" and the "defective snowman?"
A: (O) / (B) Big Mog
23) Q: In Pulse's well-known nursery rhyme "Elbow Grease," what is the old man in the fourth verse mistaken for?
A: () / (X) A goblin
24) Q: In the hit TV show "Viking," the main character is a superhero. What is his weakness?
A: (O) / (B) Heavy Downpour
25) Q: In the Steppe, how do the smaller sheep act towards the bigger sheep?
A: (X) / (A) They linger near them
26) Q: Kids love Chocobo Biscuits! What flavor is the new black biscuit?
A: () / (X) Chocolate
27) Q: Kids love to ride the Cocoon Liner. Which car is their favorite?
A: (X) / (A) The Carbuncle
28) Q: Lebreau is younger than Gadot. Gadot is older than Yuj. Lebreau is older than Maqui. Who's the oldest?
A: () / (X) Gadot
29) Q: Many online shops were available in Cocoon. Which is the oldest store that handles one?
A: (X) / (A) The Motherlode
30) Q: Many online shops were available in Cocoon. Which specialized in medicine and health products?
A: () / (X) Unicorn Mart
31) Q: Many online shops were available in Cocoon. Which specialized in outdoor gear?
A: (O) / (B) B&W Outfitters
32) Q: Many online shops were available in Cocoon. Which specialized in monster materials?
A: (^) / (Y) Creature Comforts
33) Q: Noel once said, "Never give up, for the goddess Etro watches always, and helps those…" Finish the quote.
A: (O) / (B) Who help themselves
34) Q: Of all the airbuses, which was built for safety?
A: (O) / (B) Aerial Cradle
35) Q: Of the Farseers' legends, which has not been passed down for generations?
A: (O) / (B) They had the power to turn people into l'Cie
36) Q: On what floor did Serah and Noel get trapped in Augusta Tower?
A: (^) / (Y) 51st floor
37) Q: One of the Academy researchers in Yaschas Massif is a dog lover or a cat lover depending on the era. In which year was she a cat lover?
A: (^) / (Y) 10 AF
38) Q: Serah has two stuffed animals in her room. One is a Carbuncle. What's the other?
A: (^) / (Y) Chocobo Chick
39) Q: Some Cie'th defied themselves using their large tentacles. What is the best way to defeat them?
A: (X) / (A) Get rid of the tentacles first.
40) Q: The Parthenocissus sunlethus is the vine commonly seen in Sunleth. What unique characteristic do these vines have?
A: (^) / (Y) Their fruit shine
41) Q: The chemical linoanin is found in gysahl greens. What diet-friendly effect does it have?
A: (O) / (B) Burns fat
42) Q: The fal'Cie responsible for shedding light on Cocoon was the fal'Cie Pheonix. What fal'Cie was responsible for purifying the water?
A: (X) / (A) Fal'Cie Leviathan
43) Q: The kids of New Bodhum love dares. One popular dare requires going into the woods late at night to retrieve an object. What is the item?
A: (^) / (Y) Rat's tail
44) Q: The Oracle Drive is the piece of technology left by the ancient fal'Cie. How did the Academy refer to this device before it was given it's official name?
A: () / (X) Sensory perception device
45) Q: The 'Professor Yang' series started off as an education publication, but is now a popular hologram novel with over a hundred volumes. What was the title of the first volume?
A: () / (X) 'Mystical Creatures for the Clueless'
46) Q: The remains of what facility can be found in Oerba?
A: (^) / (Y) School
47) Q: The silver lobo is seen in many circus troupes. What is the one act it cannot perform?
A: (^) / (Y) Sawing someone in half
48) Q: They say the long gui eat their own weight in food. How many shoalong guis equal one long gui?
A: () / (X) Approximately 1.5
49) Q: What anthem can be heard at any sporting event since the fall of Cocoon?
A: () / (X) 'Requim for Rebirth'
50) Q: What are the names of the Shiva sisters?
A: () / (X) Styria and Nix
51) Q: What can be found on the logo of Wooly Sheep Soda?
A: (O) / (B) Sheep
52) Q: What can withstand heavy winds, lightning, or even a whole through its body?
A: (X) / (A) Goblin chieftain
53) Q: What cannot be found in Academia?
A: () / (X) Flan schools
54) Q: What color is the cactuar image drawn in the center of the hunter camp in the Steppe?
A: (^) / (Y) Red
55) Q: What color is the flower Yeul has in her hand in 200 AF?
A: () / (X) White
56) Q: What design is engraved in Caius's sword?
A: (O) / (B) Eye
57) Q: What do the hunters manipulate in order to control the weather?
A: (^) / (Y) Wind
58) Q: What does Lightning's Eidolon, Odin, transform into in gestalt mode?
A: (X) / (A) A white horse
59) Q: What does Mog remember about his upbringing?
A: () / (X) It was full of freedom
60) Q: What does Mog want to do with his savings?
A: (O) / (B) He doesn't know yet
61) Q: What does Sazh's Eidolon, Brynhildr, transform into in gestalt mode?
A: (O) / (B) A Four-wheeler
62) Q: What emotion does a cactuar's expression convey?
A: (^) / (Y) None
63) Q: What energy source was discovered on the sea bed of New Bodhum in 300 AF?
A: (^) / (Y) Ether hydrate
64) Q: What fact surrounding the goddess Etro is not recorded in any documents?
A: (^) / (Y) She has a moogle servant
65) Q: What happened to Fang's l'Cie brand as it stopped its progression?
A: () / (X) It looked burnt
66) Q: What identification number is imprinted on the wall of the route near the cemetery in the Bresha Ruins?
A: (X) / (A) E000
67) Q: What is needed to keep he new Cocoon afloat?
A: (X) / (A) Graviton Core
68) Q: What is the borgbear incapable of doing?
A: (X) / (A) Summoning Eidolons
69) Q: What is the desert area of Oerba called?
A: (^) / (Y) The Ashensand
70) Q: What is the line frequently spoken by Mana in the movie 'Love Trumps Gil?'
A: (^) / (Y) Can I buy your love?
71) Q: What is the main cause of bullying among the flan?
A: (X) / (A) Difference in elasticity
72) Q: What is the meaning behind the winer flower, the "Silver Petal?"
A: (^) / (Y) Always remember
73) Q: What is the move developed by Mattheus, the best wrestler in Academia's pro-wrestling league, that is based on the movement of the Yaksha?
A: (O) / (B) War Dance
74) Q: What is the name of the exciting underwater sport that requires a ball?
A: (^) / (Y) Blitzball
75) Q: What is the name of the Gran Pulse paradise created from nothing but a poet's dream?
A: () / (X) Serendipity
76) Q: What is the ochu incapable of doing?
A: () / (X) Using its wings to fly
77) Q: What is the relationship of the NORA members?
A: (O) / (B) Childhood friends
78) Q: What is the tonberry incapable of doing?
A: (O) / (B) Intimidating foes with its horns
79) Q: What is used in the creation of various signs in Academia?
A: () / (X) Holography
80) Q: What item became popular among the Academy scientists in 10 AF due to the discovery of the Oracle Drive?
A: (X) / (A) Lightning's feathery belt
81) Q: What legendary creature was found in a block of ice on Gran Pulse?
A: (X) / (A) Valigarmanda
82) Q: What looks like a flower but stings like a bee?
A: (^) / (Y) Triffid
83) Q: What monster can easily be spotted in the dark?
A: (^) / (Y) Flanitor
84) Q: What quirky stuffed animal is a must-have for young females?
A: (O) / (B) Breshan bass
85) Q: What shape is the archway of the building in which the mystic in Serendipity resides?
A: (O) / (B) The letter A
86) Q: What shape is the crystal that Lightning uses to summon her Eidolon?
A: (O) / (B) A rose
87) Q: What store is found behind the row of vending machines in Academia?
A: (^) / (Y) A shoe store
88) Q: What unusual event occurred in Sunleth in 400 AF?
A: () / (X) Some flan went missing
89) Q: What was Alyssa looking for in the Bresha ruins?
A: (O) / (B) A friend's grave
90) Q: What was the biggest concern for Snow when he decided to propose to Serah?
A: () / (X) Lightning wasn't a big fan of his
91) Q: What was the design found on elixir cans that portrayed the incredible journey of the legendary l'Cie?
A: (O) / (B) A white background with pictures of the l'Cie
92) Q: What was the most memorable roll played by Jeff Roni, an actor rumored to be carrying on a steamy love affair with actress Terra Branford?
A: (O) / (B) King of Mecamania
93) Q: What was the name of the jet used by Lieutenant Colonel Yaah Rosch to fight Lightning and the other l'Cie?
A: (X) / (A) Proudclad
94) Q: What was the rank of PSICOM's special ops leader Yaag Rosch when he was killed in action?
A: (^) / (Y) Lieutenant Colonel
95) Q: When creating a duplicate, why is it illegal to save the data of the original person?
A: (^) / (Y) Privacy Act
96) Q: When did Snow propose to Serah?
A: (X) / (A) When Serah became a l'Cie
97) Q: When Hope became a l'Cie, his brand appeared on his left hand. How did he hide it?
A: (^) / (Y) He wrapped a yellow bandana around it
98) Q: When Noel first met Serah, he immediately knew she was Lightning's sister for several reasons. Which is not one of those reasons?
A: (^) / (Y) Mog told him
99) Q: When Sazh became a l'Cie, where did his brand appear?
A: (X) / (A) His chest
100) Q: When Serah lived with Lightning, they had matching accessories. On what body part did they adorn the jewelry?
A: (^) / (Y) Right arm
101) Q: Where did Sazh purchase a Chocobo for Dajh?
A: (X) / (A) Euride's market
102) Q: Which celebrated movie introduced the gunblade, a now-popular toy among kids?
A: () / (X) "The Sorceress's Knight"
103) Q: Which club dominated the 5-6 AF season of Cocoon's Premium League thanks to its harsh training conditions and hunger for victory?
A: (X) / (A) New Bodhum FC
104) Q: Which endangered monster species is known for its unique eyes?
A: (X) / (A) Catoblepas
105) Q: Which enormous fal'Cie causes the eclipse?
A: () / (X) Fal'Cie Fenrir
106) Q: Which model is popular among collectors?
A: (^) / (Y) 1/350 scale of the Palmecia
107) Q: Which of the following can be made of ice, water, or wind?
A: () / (X) A ring
108) Q: Which of the following can fly?
A: (O) / (B) Wyvern
109) Q: Which of the following can swim?
A: (X) / (A) Hedge frog
110) Q: Which of the following cannot be found in New Bodhum?
A: () / (X) Active volcanoes
111) Q: Which of the following has a shell?
A: (^) / (Y) Adamantoise
112) Q: Which of the following is not green?
A: (O) / (B) Bandersnatch
113) Q: Which of the following is not red?
A: (X) / (A) Tonberry
114) Q: Which of the following was created using AMP technology?
A: (X) / (A) Watera gear
115) Q: Which of these four monsters weighs the least?
A: (O) / (B) Tonberry
116) Q: Which strong-minded NORA member do the residents of New Bodhum believe is the leader of the organization?
A: () / (X) Lebreau
117) Q: Who did Serah and Noel think was responsible for hacking into the Augusta Tower security system?
A: (O) / (B) Proto fal'Cie Adam
118) Q: Who is the fashion guru of New Bodhum?
A: (O) / (B) Yuj
119) Q: Who is the rock star on the posters seen in NORA House and all over Academia?
A: () / (X) INFOMA
Stay tuned to G4TV.com for the answers to all of the other Brain Blast terminals and other Final Fantasy 13-2 guides. If you're having some trouble with anything in particular, be sure to leave a comment and we'll be happy to help you out!