The HP TouchSmart 520xt Series PC could make the perfect holiday gift with its 23" 1080p HD touch screen, Intel core processor, 4 GB or RAM and 2 TB hard drive. Kevin Pereira and Candace Bailey take a closer look on Gadget Pr0n.
What You Need To Know
- The HP TouchSmart 520 is an all-in-one PC with a 23" HD LED touch screen.
- The computer sits on an adjustable base that's 8.5" deep in the back.
- There is a 30 degree adjustable tilt which is also a nice resting spot for your keyboard.
- The TouchSmart isn't as sleek as the iMac.
- The plastic bevel and casing looks and feels cheap.
- There are 4 USB ports and audio outputs in the back.
- The side has 2 USB 3.0 ports with a memory card reader.
- There's also a DVD burner, webcam and wireless keyboard and mouse, which all seems fairly standard.
- The 23" touchscreen has a 1080P resolution which looks good but not as vibrant as yesterday's iMac.
- If you don't want to use the mouse and keyboard, you can use HP's Magic Canvas overlay.
- Magic Canvas converts your Windows desktop and lets you swipe and browse through folders and applications.
- The icons are large and easy to find, but it feels a bit laggy and unresponsive on the edges of the screen.
- There's also a virtual keyboard but it just feels weird to use, depending on the angle.
- The PC we're reviewing has 4 GB of RAM and runs on an Intel core i3 processor.
- This means it can handle standard programs, applications and games like Modern Warfare 3 on medium settings.
- This is not a gaming PC.
- The HP TouchSmart 520 Series starts at $799.
- 3 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- If you're looking for an all around PC to handle media while conserving space, this TouchSmart series is for you.
- The touchscreen is a convenient feature but laggy.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.