We've been playing a lot of Star Wars: The Old Republic here at the G4TV.com offices, and we've been passing along our knowledge to you via guides. We know there's tons to digest, since the game is kind of big, so we've gone ahead and put all of our guides in one easy to use package. You're welcome!
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Beginner Guide: Everything You Need To Know To Get Started In SW:TOR -- Fans of BioWare games will immediately find themselves in familiar territory with certain aspects of The Old Republic, but those same people will be utterly lost in other areas if they've never sampled a massively multiplayer online game. That's why we've created this guide for everything you need to know about getting started in SW: TOR.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Mid-Level Guide: Once you've gotten your feet wet and really started to understand The Old Republic, it's time to jump in your brand new space ship and really get to the meat of the game. Our guide will help you get the most from your mid-game experience.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Knight Guide -- An Elegant Guide For A More Civilized Age -- If you want to be first in line on the battlefield, charging through enemy territory and picking fights. The Jedi Knight can break off into the Sentinel or Guardian Avanced Classes, which will outfit her with DPS or tank talent trees, respectively. In either case, you'll be swinging lightsabers and cutting down foes up close and personal, just like Mace Windu and Obi-wan Kenobi.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Trooper Guide -- They'll Do Their Job Well, I Guarantee That -- If you want to fight for galactic peace on the side of the Republic, but don't want to be a Jedi, or if you want to wield turret guns the size of your body. Or if you want to stomp the yard (yeah, I went there) with armor so thick it would make a Sandcrawler blush (and that's not even physically possible) then the Republic Trooper is for you..
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Warrior Guide -- You Don't Know The Power Of The Dark Side... But You Can! -- If Darth Vader was your hero and icon you looked up to as you grew up, you'll fit right in with the Sith Warrior. And a heavy-handed family therapist. But we're not here to judge. Like its Republic counterpart the Jedi Knight, the Sith Warrior is the first to leap into battle, lightsaber flashing across the bodies of his foes as they fall all around him.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Smuggler Guide -- Hokey Religions And Ancient Weapons Are No Match For A Good Class Guide At Your Side, Kid -- If Han Solo makes his charming way into your dreams every night as the handsome rogue with a heart of gold – though he'd never admit it! – then the Smuggler is the Old Republic class for you. If you're afraid of getting caught up in a hack 'n' slash grind with the Jedi class and Trooper lacks that certain...something, then the Smuggler is calling for you to pick up those blasters.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Guide: The Force Is Strong With This Class -- The Jedi Knight is a blunt instrument. A weapon. If you'd rather be exploring the infinite mysteries of the Force, educating yourself on all manner of Force manipulation, unlocking ancient secrets on forgotten worlds and then using that to either beat the snot out of your enemies as a long-range DPS class in SWTOR or to heal and buff as a support class, the Jedi Consular is for you.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Bounty Hunter Guide--Congratulations, Your Backpack's Got Jets -- The Bounty Hunter is the Imperial counterpart to the Republic Trooper, but unlike the Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight and Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular, this isn't quite a mirror image reflection on the part of the Empire. The Bounty Hunter lends itself best to the tank and ranged DPS roles, so if you want to be the go-to warrior for such talents, this may be your class
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Inquisitor Guide: Oh, I'm Afraid This Class Guide Will Be Quite Operational -- If you have ever folded your hands in classic evil mastermind position and laughed the day away, practicing until you have that maniacal twist to your words just right. Your favorite words are “dark,” “side,” and “complete,” the latter most being pronounced “kohm-plee-tuh.” If you love everything there is to playing bad and want one of the most flavorful stories, the Sith Inquisitor is your class.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Imperial Agent Guide -- Many Bothans Died (At Your Hands) To Bring You This Guide -- If you ever thought James Bond was cool, but also thought wouldn't it be awesome if he was also an evil prick, then this is the class for you. Like the Republic's Smuggler class, this is also a tactical shooter role, one that feels quite different from the rest of Star Wars: The Old Republic. It's also quite different in that the Imperial Agent is the only class without a standout reference character from the films.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Guide -- The Gear, Medals, And Warzones Of SWTOR -- While Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massive game filled with a seemingly endless supply of content for you to explore, the competitive players out there will definitely want to try out the player vs. player (PvP) options that SWTOR has to offer. If you're interested in using that lightsaber of yours against other players, then this guide will teach you everything you need to know to get started with PvP in SWTOR.
- SW:TOR Datacron Location Guide -– I Have All The Datacron Locations In Seventeen Systems! -- We've crafted this handy dandy datacron locations guide for the Republic and Empire alike, so you can find all datacrons in BioWare's epic Star Wars MMORPG, Star Wars: The Old Republic. Never heard of datacrons? Read on to find out what they are, how you can find them, and why you'll want them.
- SWTOR Legacy System Guide -- Details, Rewards, And Benefits For Star Wars: The Old Republic's Family Tree -- Legacy System has remained a mystery to most The Old Republic players. Even those who have completed Act 1. After a player completes their class quest they are prompted to choose a surname. This unique surname will be attached to the character you're playing, and every character you make on that server, effectively making a family tree.
- SWTOR Companions Guide -– Keeping You Warm And Safe With Info on Every Companion in The Old Republic -- From flesh-consuming monsters to adorable droids, we know you want to eat up every morsel of information about every companion in Star Wars: The Old Republic. After all, it just wouldn't be a BioWare game without friends to gather along the way, and SWTOR is very much a BioWare game. That's why we've produced this handy companion guide, so you'll know who all The Old Republic companions are and what they can do for you.
- SWTOR Matrix Cube Relic Guide -- What To Do With Matrix Shards In The Old Republic -- If you want to boost your stats in SWTOR you’ll need a Matrix Cube. They're made from Matrix Shards that can be obtained from Datacrons scattered across Star Wars: The Old Republic. One Matrix Shard won't do you much good, but if you find three in a set, you've got yourself the recipe for a Matrix Cube.
What do you think? Are you a little more prepared now? Have we helped make up your mind on which class to roll or maybe just solidified the choice you made months and months ago? Be sure to speak up in the comments section about the guides that you want to see, and we'll see you soon in that galaxy far, far away!