A game-breaking glitch has been discovered in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The problem occurs during the Song of the Hero quest. If players get the song of the Thunder Dragon from Lanaryu Mine, speak with the Goron, beat the Thunder Dragon mission, and then speak to Golo the Goron again, an error somehow occurs. If players complete this sequence of events, it will be impossible to continue the game with that save file.
Nintendo is aware of the situation but sadly there is not a solution, nor is there any indication a patch will ever be issued.
"We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
- The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:
- At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
- In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
- Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.
- Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
- At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.
If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.
Needless to say this is an unfortunate situation for Zelda fans. I'm a little disappointed Nintendo isn't being more proactive to resolve this issue. I hope a patch is issued quickly. Having to delete your save file and start anew is not acceptable in my book.
What do you think?
Tips? Suggestions? Find me on Twitter?