Epic Games has made good on its post-release DLC promises so far for Gears of War 3. We already saw the Horde Command Pack bring new maps and features to Horde and Beast modes. Next week we'll get the FREE Versus Booster Map Pack, which adds the Horde DLC maps to Versus mode, plus a few more. And on December 13 we get RAAM's Shadow (1,200 MSP), the first campaign expansion, which puts players in control of both Zeta Squad and Locust heavy, General RAAM.
A newly updated Achievements list for Gears 3 reveals that RAAM's Shadow will offer 10 new Cheevos to collect, for a total added 250 Gamerscore. Almost all appear to be campaign-related, but there are a few that give some love to Versus and Horde as well. Check out the list after the jump.
- Welcome To Zeta (25 GS) - Complete RAAM's Shadow in Standard Campaign
- Some Friendly Competition (25 GS) - Completed "RAAM's Shadow" in Arcade Campaign.
- Help From My Friends (25 GS) - Completed "RAAM's Shadow" in 4 player co-op.
- Finger of Doom (15 GS) - As RAAM, ripped 50 Gears to shreds with your Kryll.
- I'm Rubber, You're Glue (15 GS) - Used the Mauler shield to kill 10 Gears that had the temerity to fire upon you and your General.
- Death from Above (15 GS) - Showed 50 Locusts the meaning of sky-fire with HOD Command Center.
- Unarmed and Dangerous (15 GS) - Ignored all Loader safety guidelines and killed 10 Locusts.
- Ghosts from the Past (15 GS) - Honored the memory of Zeta Squad in 10 matches of Versus.
- Foreshadowing (25 GS) - As RAAM, made sure Minh never forgets that day outside the House of Sovereigns.
- Zeta Team, Go! (75 GS) - Defeated the first 10 waves of Horde with every member of Zeta in your party.
I definitely like the idea of ripping Gears to shreds with my Kryll. Gears 3 was pretty excellent overall, but I was sad to note the game's utter lack of Kryll as I played. It'll be nice in RAAM's Shadow to not be on the receiving end of those little critters for once.