Assuming you haven't put Gears of War 3 aside for a little bit while you take in the various games released in October and November, you'll be happy to learn that Epic Games has released the second title update for its September game. The update doesn't just make fixes; it adds a variety of features and tweaks meant to improve your overall in-game experience.
Like what, you ask? There's a new spectator mode for private Versus matches, which are now 4v4 confrontations with the fifth slot on each side occupied by a spectator. Certain medals have been made easier to pick up, including Horde's Combat Engineer ribbon -- necessary to unlock the Infinite Ammo mutator -- which can now be earned once per wave rather than once per game. Hit the jump to read through the rest of the changes.
- A spectator mode option has been added to private versus matches for broadcasting by gaming leagues.
- One player on each team will be able to choose spectator mode during match set up.
- The matches will be 4v4 with two spectators
- The Leader and Vengeful medals are now easier to acquire.
- The mutators Roadie Comet and Regen Enemies are now easier to acquire.
- Added an option to disable the HUD during multiplayer games for machinima and video creators
- Added a visual indicator of the next ring’s location during the last 10 ring points in KOTH.
- The Onyx Field Engineer medal can no longer be prestiged.
- In Capture the Leader, the overhead Beams on DryDock are no longer accessible.
- While affected by the Smoke Grenade stun, players will no longer be able to take hostages, pick up weapons or revive teammates.
- If there is a host migration during Horde, the match will resume at the same wave.
- Also during Horde, the Combat Engineer ribbon can now be achieved once per wave instead of once per game.
- The Ranked Disconnect stat will no longer increase when quitting a standard Horde or Beast game.
- The cringe from the Mortar will no longer cause players to drop their primary weapon.
- The Hail Mary ribbon is now correctly awarded for long distance Boomshot headshots.
- Maps will no longer be immediately repeated when choosing random map selection.
- If the host pauses during a private versus match the game will continue for other players.
- The game will still pause in the Campaign, Beast and Horde.
- Potential fix for the rare lost progress issue.
- Potential fix for the rare profile freezing issue.
- Beast leaderboard screen no longer refreshes while sending challenges
Source: Epic Games