Cheats and Walkthroughs
As part of a Ubisoft earnings report touting that Dance Central 2 sold over 5 million copies, it's was revealed that Activision Blizzard's Call of Duty: Black Ops is the real winner, selling almost 15 million units since its November 2010 release. According to a NPD analysis report from the 2010 holiday season, Black Ops sold over 12 million copies then, and has since gone on to sell almost 3 million more.
Here's the full list of the top-selling new retail titles in the U.S. from January 2010 through September 2011.
- Black Ops Activision Blizzard 14,983,459
- Just Dance 2 Ubisoft 5,245,480
- Madden NFL 11 EA 5,195,251
- Halo: Reach Microsoft 4,746,560
- New Super Mario Wii Nintendo 4,231,423
- NBA 2K11 Take 2 4,202,926
- Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Nintendo 3,943,889
- Red Dead Redemption Take 2 3,877,037
- Wii Fit Plus Nintendo 3,577,800
- Pokemon Black/White Nintendo 3,581,789
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Ubisoft 3,141,187
The numbers for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 aren't in quite yet, but Amazon already named MW3 as the bestselling video game ever based on pre-orders. With all the praise the first person shooter has been getting, I'd say that MW3 seems to be on pace to outsell Black Ops this year.
What do you think about Black Ops' staggering 15M sales figure? Even if you're not a fan of the game, you must admit that it's a pretty incredible amount of copies sold. What would you do with all that money?