Cheats and Walkthroughs
Cheats and Walkthroughs
Venerable over-the-top football franchise NFL Blitz is coming back, baby, as a downloadable title. EA's game announcement promises the "twitch gameplay and ultra-responsive controls of the original game" will be combined with all-new single-player and cooperative game modes. It will be out on the PSN and Xbox Live in January.
We spoke to NFL Blitz project lead Dave Ross and designer Yuri Bialoskursky to get the word on the game's new modes.
"The new NFL Blitz is chock full of exciting plays, but we’ve also got a bunch of cool new modes as well," said Bialoskursky. "Blitz Gauntlet is our single-player experience that lets you compete against the top teams in the NFL on your way to three different boss fights. Boss fights take place in the Blitz Coliseum and require you to take down a team of fantasy characters in order to unlock them for use in all of our other modes. The Gauntlet can be tough though, so if things start to get a bit tricky and you feel like you need a hand, don’t hesitate to have a friend join you in the fight so you can take down those bosses cooperatively."
For more details, check out our full developer Q&A and enjoy the game's full fact-sheet:
- Classic Blitz Gameplay – Fast-paced football action at its best, featuring the 7-on-7 wide-open gameplay of the original arcade hit. Two minute quarters, 30 yards for a first down, no penalties, big hits and, of course, players ON FIRE!
- Blitz in HD – For the first time in franchise history, Blitz hits the gridiron in high definition. Take to the field with top players from each of the 32 NFL teams, play in all 32 NFL stadiums and battle bosses from the Gauntlet at the Blitz Coliseum.
- Ultra-Responsive Controls – Running at 60fps/60Hz, the pick-up-and-play controls perfectly replicate the twitch arcade experience. Disrupt the opposition with stiff arms, take out receivers before a catch, dive to tackle ball carriers, and hurdle pass for the big play…all with the touch of a button.
- Blitz Battles – Challenge the competition online in head-to-head matches or team up (on a single console or online) 2-on-2, ranking up local, regional, and national Battle Boards - all the way to the Blitz Hall of Fame.
- Blitz Gauntlet – The ultimate single-player challenge! Battle through a multi-tiered Gauntlet, taking on NFL teams and exclusive fantasy character bosses in the Blitz Coliseum. Take down the fantasy character bosses to unlock them for use in all modes.
- Elite League – Join the Elite League and strive to create the perfect squad of ultimate players. Purchase card packs using Blitz Bucks earned through online games to collect players to customize your lineup. Collect an entire NFL team of players to unlock powerful Pro and Ultimate players that give your team the competitive edge. Change the game in unique ways by acquiring and using Power Ups to further your advantage on the field. For the ultimate rush, risk one of your valuable players in a winner-takes-all Risk and Reward game.
- Online Co-op – Grab a teammate on the couch or join a friend online and crush the competition in classic Blitz 2-on-2 style. Track your records against friends to show who owns the Blitz gridiron.
- Blitz Store—Earn Blitz Bucks in every online game mode, then head to the Blitz Store to purchase a ton of intense content. Build your Blitz Elite League team by purchasing card packs and power-ups. Customize your Blitz Battles team with new logos and banners. Take the Blitz experience to the next level with a slew of gameplay and visual cheats. Go behind the scenes and unlock concept art and the famous Blitz cheerleaders.
- Blitz Booth Commentary – The two-man booth includes past NFL Blitz play-by-play announcer, Tim Kitzrow, along with actor Brian Haley. The perfect pair to voice NFL Blitz, Kitzrow and Haley’s humorous commentary augments the over-the-top arcade football experience.