The Gears of War 3 DLC, Horde Command Pack, will be released on November 1, 2011. The first pack of DLC for Gears 3 will expand the experience for my favorite mode, Horde. It will add new fortification levels, commands posts, and three multiplayer maps. If that doesn't impress you, you'll also be getting three new characters, including my personal favorite, Bernie.
The three maps new to Gears 3 will be Blood Drive, Rustlung and Azura. Classic Gears maps already in Gears 3 have undergone major upgrades. Based on this I think it's safe to say maps like Blood Drive will look and feel different.
Keep reading for more details on the maps, characters and more.
Blood Drive: The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship's Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera's educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
Like I mentioned above, there will also be upgraded fortification for your command post with this pack.
- Command Center - This new fortification type allows you to call in fire support from snipes, mortar strikes and multiple Hammers of Dawn. That's right, plural, hammers.
- Decoy Upgrade - This is an upgrade that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade - This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals more damage and is super effective against Berserkers. If only there was one to one-shot lambent zerkers.
- Silverback Upgrade - This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
If you're into blinging out your weapons, you'll be pleased to know two new skins packs, one animated and static, will be included in "Horde Command Pack." The three new characters are Onyx Guard, Big Rig Dizzy and my girl, Bernie.
Now for pièce de résistance, "Horde Command Pack" adds 250 gamer points to the game. I'm not afraid to admit it, achievements are my thing.
- DETAILS: Gears of War 3 Horde Mode Guide
You'll get all this for 800MS points. I was never good at math, I think that's like $10.
Tips? Suggestions? Find me on Twitter.