X

TheFeed

Call of Duty Third-Person Horror Game Existed, Has Been Put On Hold

sjohnson
13 Comments

Posted September 7, 2011 - By Stephen Johnson




Sledgehammer Games Logo

In an interview with gamerzines.com, Sledgehammer Games boss Glen Schofield revealed that his company had been working on a third-person Call of Duty game with a tone similar to Dead Space. In other words: War is horror.  When Sledge was tapped to work on Modern Warfare 3 with Infinity Ward, the untitled project was put on ice, breaking the hearts of action-horror fans like myself all over the earth.

"It was a third-person action-adventure game, it was a shooter, and it was not based in this era," said Schofield. "It had a lot of atmosphere like, I should say Dead Space a little bit because you were underground in some places. You know, war is hell, war is scary and that's what we were trying to get across."

I can only hope that development of the game will be put back on track once Modern Warfare 3 is complete, but for now, Schofield isn't saying whether or not that's the plan, but either way, it's probably going to take awhile.

"I want to make at least one more first-person shooter," Schofield said when asked about the fate of the game. "I want to get really good at it... I would definitely, 100% work with Infinity Ward again because they're just the best. But I wouldn't mind giving Sledgehammer a shot on something."

Source: Gamerzine

All of the best people are following Stephen Johnson's twitter feed. Also, email me if you wanna.

Call of Duty Third-Person Horror Game Existed, Has Been Put On Hold
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/716127/call-of-duty-third-person-horror-game-existed-has-been-put-on-hold/
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/282465_S/Sledgehammer-Games-Logo.jpg
BlogThread_716127

ADVERTISEMENT

g4tv.com
AdChoices