This weekend, August 26-28, at PAX Prime you'll have the opportunity to not only see an amazing lifesize Firefall sculpture created by Steve Wang, in person, but you'll also get the chance to participate in the Crystite Challenge to win some amazing Firefall prizes. The Firefall sculpture is an amazing 14 feet high and took a heck of a lot of work to complete. If you want to see exactly how Wang and crew made the piece, check out our behind the scenes photo gallery of the Firefall sculpture.
Firefall is the upcoming free to play shooter from Red 5 Studios that seems to be a mix between Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands. At PAX Prime, daily missions will be given to PAX attendees that all require you to do something Firefall related. Once you complete your mission you'll get Crystite, which you can then turn in for loot at the Firefall booth.
The kind of loot is all sorts of Firefall memorabilia including shirts, hats, character cards of the main character Typhon and Morningstar, as well as miniature figurines of the characters. But that's not all, you'll also get a chance to win an iPad and some fancy headphones as well.
Read on to check out the kind of missions you'll need to overcome at PAX Prime this weekend to get some of this awesome stuff!
- Take a picture of yourself in front of the Firefall statue. Bonus: Post the picture to Facebook or Twitter. (#firefall)
- Take a picture of yourself with a group spelling out "Firefall" with your bodies. Bonus: Use a stranger as one of the letters.
- Record a video of yourself yelling "I want Firefall!" in front of the convention center. Bonus: Post the video to Facebook or Twitter. (#firefall)
- Post a thread on the Firefall forums. Bonus: Say "Hello" to the community and declare your favorite battleframe.
- Take a picture of yourself holding the Firefall logo outside of the convention center. Bonus: Have the Space Needle in the picture.
- Take a picture of yourself wearing a mustache holding the Firefall logo.
- Take a picture of a Red 5 staff member outside of the convention center. Bonus: Be in the picture with them.
- Take a picture of yourself playing Firefall. Bonus: Post picture to Facebook or Twitter. (#firefall)
- Take a picture of yourself playing a video game on an upright arcade machine. Bonus: Set RED as the high score.
- Take a picture of yourself playing a tabletop game. Bonus: It's a board game that doesn't use dice or cards.
- Take a picture of yourself at a PAX concert Bonus: Have the Firefall logo in the shot.
- Take a picture of yourself in the Alienware booth. Bonus: While playing on an Alienware machine.
- Take a picture of yourself with someone from the games industry (non-Red 5) Bonus: We recognize who it is.
- Take a picture of yourself in front of a Firefall poster with the Medic on it.
And there you have it. If you're heading to PAX Prime will you be trying out some of these Firefall related missions to get some of the sick loot? I'm thinking of growing a mustache just for the occasion, what do you think?