SteelSeries constantly works to update their technology, and recently they stopped by to show us their Siberia V2 headset, and their World of Warcraft Legendary mouse, along with their completely insane Sensei mouse. Why is this mouse insane, you might be asking? Because it has a metal coating, and it also incorporates an LCD screen, on the bottom of the mouse! That is just nuts. Extremely cool, to be sure, but nuts as well. And because it is nuts, I want one.
Chief Marketing Officer Kim Rom from SteelSeries dropped by to give us a sneak peek at this new tech, and he covers both the form and function in the video above. Keep reading to check out the specs of all three after the break, and then imagine what you'd like to put on that secret LCD screen.
The Sensei Mouse:
This is one of the sleekest looking mice on the market, and the look is enhanced by a 16-bit take on the SteelSeries logo, present on the front of the mouse and you can customize it 16.8 million different colors. But what really sets this mouse apart from the group is the fact that it has an LCD screen on the bottom of it. You can customize this with your name, a secret code, or whatever you want, and that's just an insane level of customization.
- It’s fast. It has a 32 bit ARM processor making it is as fast as the original Pentium 75 MHz processor released by Intel in 1994. That is fast, incredibly fast. And, because we use a 32 bit ARM processor in the mouse, we can double (x2) your mouse sensitivity. This feature is particularly useful for people using multiple monitor and similar environments.
- There are 3 different zones on the Sensei (the wheel, the CPI indicator and the back) that can be programmed individually in 16.8 million different colors; if you don’t like lights you can also turn them OFF.
- A new, non-slip metal coats the ambidextrous mouse along with its 7 ergonomically placed, programmable buttons.
- The built-in driver can be adjusted through an LCD menu on the backside of the mouse(!). Simply plug in the Sensei and play. For PC gamers who want really advanced customization options, the Sensei is supported by the new SteelSeries Engine software.
The World of Warcraft Legendary Mouse
The World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse Legendary Edition features 16.8 million illumination color options and 11 programmable buttons, ergonomically positioned for comfortable gameplay. The player’s precision and control will be enhanced with the ability to assign all 11 button controls and multiple macros from directly within the World of Warcraft game interface. In addition to in-game support, the intuitive drag & drop interface of the SteelSeries software empowers users to:
- Program all 11 buttons with more than 130 preset game commands
- Create custom macros and/or use the in-game macro scripting language
- Illumination: 16.8 million color options with 4 levels of pulsation
- Frames Per Second: 3,600
- Counts Per Inch: 800 – 3,200
- Adjustable Polling Rate
- Optical Sensor Technology
- Cable: 6.5 ft Braided Nylon
- Mac and PC Compatible
Siberia V2 Headset: Compatible with PS3, Xbox 360, and PC
It’s one thing to have a beautiful exterior, but it’s what’s inside that makes these one of the best quality headsets on the market. A 50mm driver unit with crystal clear sound in high, low, and mid-range ensures quality output for multiple uses. The Siberia v2 for PS3 features a retractable microphone that can be hidden in the left earcup, which means you can use it when you need it, but don’t have to flash it in public if you don’t want to.
For Xbox 360 players, the headset is also compatible for in-game audio and Xbox LIVE communication. Users can simply connect to the Xbox controller through a double-sided 2.5mm connector. The integrated volume controller found on the 12ft cord offers easy access to sound volume, microphone volume and SteelSeries LiveMix&™. SteelSeries’ LiveMix&™ feature is now accessible to all platforms from Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to PC and Mac. The LiveMix levels range from OFF, which is unaltered in-game and voice sound to LOW (game sound is reduced by 5db when your teammates are talking), MEDIUM (game sound is reduced by 15db), to HIGH (game sound is reduced by 25db). By providing optional levels of LiveMix, users will have the ability to control how much of the game sound they want to hear balanced over the voice communication.
- Frequency response: 18 – 28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ohm
- SPL@ 1kHz, 1 Vrms: 112 dB
- Cable: 1.0 m / 3 ft.
- Jacks: 3.5 mm
- Frequency response: 50 – 16,000 Hz
- Pick up pattern: Uni-directional
- Sensitivity: -38 dB
- Cable: 3.0 m / 9 ft.
- Chat cable: 1m / 3 ft.