The LG G2x Android smartphone for T-Mobile uses NVIDIA's dual core Tegra2 processor on a 4" touch screen with 4G connectivity and dual cameras. Kevin Pereira and Candace Bailey review the $250 smartphone for its Gadget Pr0n rating.
- The latest batch of Android phones have super-sized screens, but this one isn't quite that big at about 4.”
- We still think smaller is better when it comes to smart phones, so we like the size.
- It's noticeably bigger and thicker than the iPhone.
- It feels solid and is one of the nicer looking Android phones we've seen.
- The phone doesn’t come pre-loaded with extra software and widgets.
- It's running stock Android 2.2, which means no widgets, no crappy, uninstallable NASCAR app and no 2 GB Avatar movies to get in your way.
- The interface is fluid and responsive, and gets out of your way so you can get things done.
- It also has the new dual core Tegra 2 processor.
- We gave the G2x a workout with 3D games like Need for Speed and Cordy and for the first time in our tests, we didn't see a single skip, stutter, or dropped frame while playing Cordy.
- The Tegra 2 processor handles Flash well, too.
- Most videos played with little or no lag and the browser remains responsive while Flash loads and plays.
- The G2x has full HDMI out. You can play back 1080p videos on your 62” plasma and it'll look as good as a Blu-ray player.
- It also has DLNA support, so you can stream HD videos to compatible devices like a PS3 or a media center.
- We recorded some questionable videos at full 1080p and they came out looking as good as most handheld video cameras.
- The rear facing camera is 8 megapixels and our pictures came out better than average.
- Images were sharp with low noise. In daylight, colors were a little washed out.
- There's also a front facing 1.3 megapixel camera for video chat.
- This phone also runs on T-Mobile's 4G network and is completely free if you are a new customer and sign up for a two year plan.
- 5 Seals of Approval Out of 5 (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.