Cheats and Walkthroughs
Sometimes it's just plain fun to stay up all night and play video games. Whether you like to play single or multiplayer, EA's Dead Space 2 will keep you up all night. Terrifying, fast-paced action is exactly what Dead Space 2 offers and with its variety of DLC packs there's plenty of the game to go around.
Dead Space 2 has been out since January but to keep you going, DLC packs have constantly been released adding even more to the experience. First there was Severed, adding two all new single player chapters to the game. Then there was Outbreak, which added two new multiplayer maps to the game. And if you need an extra push to help you through the game, a variety of weapon packs have also been released. After the break you'll find even more info about these Dead Space 2 addons.
Dead Space 2: Severed
Dead Space 2: Severed adds two single player chapters to Dead Space 2. The standalone DLC takes place on the Sprawl and follows the story of characters previously seen in Dead Space: Extraction, specifically Gabe Weller and Lexine Murdoch. Severed is set three years after Extraction and Gabe is now working for Sprawl Security, meaning he gets a brand new suit and a pulse rifle. It's up to him to find and rescue Lexine from the Necromorph infested space station.
At just over two hours, Severed offers a whole new layer to the already terrifying Dead Space 2 experience. With the new levels and the inclusion of the Twitcher Necromorph, you won't want to miss this DLC if you're trying to get everything out of this title as possible.
The Dead Space 2 Outbreak Map Pack
The Dead Space 2 Outbreak map pack features two multiplayer maps where you can play as either the humans or the Necromorphs. For both maps, the human team is trying to escape while the Necromorphs are trying to stop them from doing so. The DLC is absolutely free so there's no reason not to try it out.
The Academy: The Academy is a map that takes place inside of an elementary school located on the Sprawl. The objective for the humans is to activate a decontatimination pump. The Necromorphs have to prevent the humans from doing this in an all out battle in the classroom.
The Concourse: The Concourse takes place inside an abandoned shopping mall. For the humans, they must make their way to a distress beacon to signal a rescue ship on the outside of the mall. The Necromorphs, again, have to do their best to stop the humans from sending the signal.
Dead Space 2 Micro-DLC Pack
If you just want to add even more to your Dead Space 2 experience you might want to check out one of the Dead Space 2 add-on packs for the Xbox 360 version of the game. The add-on packs include weapons and armor with varying bonuses to help make you a complete badass. Here's what you get from each pack:
Martial Law Pack:
- Earth Gov Bundle
- EarthGov Security Suit (5% damage increase, 5% damage increase for detonator, Pulse Rifle, Seeker Rifle)
- EarthGov Pulse Rifle (5% alt-fire damage increase, 10% reload speed increase)
- EarthGov Seeker Rifle (5% damage increase, 5%, firing speed increase)
- EarthGov Detonator (5% damage increase, 5% firing speed increase)
- Bloody Bundle
- Bloody Vintage Suit (5% damage increase for Force Gun, Flamethrower, Javelin Gun)
- Bloody Flamethrower (5% damage increase, 10% reload speed increase)
- Bloody Javelin Gun (5% alt-fire damage increase, 5% reload speed increase)
- Bloody Force Gun (5% alt-fire increase, 5% firing speed increase)
- Forged Bundle
- Forged Engineering Suit (15% medpack bonus)
- Forged Plasma Cutter (10% damage increase, 5% reload speed increase)
- Forged Line Gun (5% increases firing speed, 10% alt-fire damage increase)
- Forged Ripper (10% alt-fire damage increase, primary fire lasts one second longer)
- Heavy Duty Bundle
- Heavy-Duty Vintage Suit (5% damage increase for Contact Beam, Line Gun, Detonator)
- Heavy-Duty Line Gun (10% reload speed increase, 5% damage increase)
- Heavy-Duty Contact Beam (5% damage increase, primary fire charge reduced by 0.1 second)
- Heavy-Duty Detonator (10% reload speed increase, 5% damage increase)
- Agility Bundle
- Agility Advanced Suit (10% increase to Stasis duration)
- Agility Rivet Gun (5% reload speed increase, 5% firing speed increase)
- Agility Plasma Cutter (5% reload speed increase, 5% firing speed increase)
- Agility Pulse Rifle (5% reload speed increase, 5% firing speed increase)
Occupational Hazard Pack:
- Hazard Bundle
- Hazard Suit (5% increase to Stasis duration)
- Hazard Line Gun (5% alt-fire damage increase, 5% reload speed increase)
- Triage Bundle
- Triage Suit (10% medpack bonus)
- Triage Javelin Gun (10% damage increase, 5% reload speed increase)
- Shockpoint Bundle
- Shockpoint Suit (decreases Stasis recharge rate by 5%)
- Shockpoint Ripper (5% reload speed increase, primary fire lasts one second longer)
And there you have it. With DLC spanning both the single and multiplayer experience of Dead Space 2, you'll have more than enough content to keep you up all night with the ultra creepy Necromorphs.