Valve's digital download store, Steam, has kicked off its Summer Sale. Twice a year Steam slashes the prices of their games for your playing pleasure. School's out, the sun is up, and it is time to save some serious dough on games. Are you ready for summer camp?
The wise and all-knowing Leah Jackson told me these words of wisdom, discounts right now are ranging from 25%-30% off. Prices will continue to drop as the sale gets closer to ending on July 10. If you see a game you have to have, then by all means buy it, but it might be worth waiting to see if you can snag it for even cheaper as the sale gets closer to ending. Only noobs buy games on the first day of a Steam sale.
After the break is a list of some of the deals you should take advantage of.
- Valve Complete Pack - $50
- Rockstar Collection - $40
- Unreal Deal Pack - $25
- 1C Complete Collection - $75
- MumboJumbo Complete Pack - $25
- THQ Complete - $50
- Bethesda Pack - $52.49
- Sims 3 Pack - $80
- Need For Speed Pack - $55
- id Super Pack - $30
- Paradox Strategy Pack - $45
- Paradox Fantasy Pack - $8
- Square Enix Summer Collector Pac - $75
- Oblivion GoTY - $6.80
- The Witcher 2 - $33.50
- Borderlands - $5
- Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West - $1.50
- Medal of Honor - $10.19
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River - $29.24
- Dawn of War II: Retribution - $15
- Blood Bowl Legendary Edition - $13.59
- BIT.TRIP BEAT - $2.50
- BIT.TRIP RUNNER - $2.50
- Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $10
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale - $5
- Back to the Future: The Game - $12.50
There are plenty of games to choose from and prices will most likely change daily.
Valve's Steam Summer Sale, aka the best Summer Camp ever, will have activities set up each day. It's going to be like real summer camp, except you don't go outside, or move. Special activities will earn you tickets that are redeemable for prizes. Prizes range from summer shades to wear in TF2 to Homefront map packs. When Summer Camp is over a big-prize will be awarded to 100 "campers." They'll win the top ten games on their wish-list.
Tips? Suggestions? Find me on Twitter.