The Toshiba NB505 Netbook comes with more than just an Intel Atom processor and a 250 GB hard drive. Morgan Webb and Kevin Pereira check out the lightweight gadget with a built-in webcam and memory card reader, all for $270.
What You Need to Know
- The Toshiba NB505 is easy to use, especially when most netbooks have small keyboards and touchpads.
- The keyboard on this device is large and really easy to type on without having to adjust to it.
- The touchpad is also big enough to use without problems and also features pinch-and-zoom that works well.
- The Toshiba netbook's boot time is about average: it takes about a minute to fully boot up and open a web browser, but it's obviously not as fast as a solid state drive (like the Chromebook or Macbook Air).
- The NB505 comes with the standard Intel Atom processor for netbooks but the performance does take a hit with only 1 GB of RAM.
- The normal PCMark Vantage productivity benchmark scores were kind of low.
- Watching streaming HD video off the web is choppy and slow.
- 3 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- We like the design and the interface, but the performance is only average.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.