Samsung Infuse 4G smartphone boasts a 4.5" super AMOLED touch screen, Flash enabled web browsing and everything for the best Android experience. Kevin Pereira and Candace Bailey review its 1.2 GHz processor, dual cameras and sleek style, all available for $200 with a contract.
What You Need to Know
- When you hold it in your hand you realize how much bigger it is than the average smart phone.
- It's mostly plastic and surprisingly lighter than the iPhone, but doesn't feel cheap.
- The back has a textured surface that fools you into thinking it's not plastic.
- The Infuse is running Android 2.2, which isn't the newest version, but there aren't enough obvious differences between 2.2 and 2.3 to make it a factor.
- This phone runs stock android with some small tweaks.
- Touches are responsive and the Infuse launches apps as fast as the iPhone and the droid charge.
- There are a handful of AT&T apps built in, some useful and some not and unfortunately, you can't uninstall them.
- AT&T 4G speeds here in Los Angeles aren't that great, so if you're buying this phone because it's 4G, make sure you've got decent 4G coverage in your area.
- The massive 4.5” screen is one of the brightest and sharpest screens we've seen on any phone.
- The extra real estate comes in very handy for surfing the web; it's also nice to have the added space when you're using the on-screen keyboard.
- Videos look outstanding; you wouldn't have a problem watching a whole movie on it.
- The phone also comes with a $25 credit to use in Samsung's Media Hub App, which has a good selection of movies and TV shows.
- There’s an 8 megapixel rear facing camera and a front facing camera for video chatting.
- Pictures taken in day light looked great, low light shots didn't, but the LED flash is insanely bright.
- It shoots video at 720p and the quality was as good as we've seen on any phone.
- $120 with a contract.
- 4 Seals of Approval Out of 5 (How do we rate gadgets?)
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.