The Droid Incredible 2 by HTC offers a 4" multi-touch screen, Android 2.2 and dual cameras powered by a 1 GHz processor. Kevin Pereira and Candace Bailey take a look at the Incredible 2's new features, all of which come free with a contract.
What You Need To Know
- The HTC Incredible Droid 2 has a nice feel to it and is really thin and light.
- There's also a rubber backing to the design.
- The Incredible 2 has a larger screen than the original Incredible with HTC's Sense Interface, which works just like we want it to.
- The touch screen is very responsive: HTC has always done a great job with this feature.
- The Sense widgets and themes are becoming better and better.
- There are plenty of ways to get real time updates like weather, news, Facebook and Twitter.
- These widgets are also right on your home screen so you don't have to launch a bunch of different apps.
- The Incredible 2 doesn't have a dual core processor but it can still keep up with other smartphones.
- The HTC phone was just as fast as the iPhone 4 and Evo when launching Angry Birds Rio.
- The rear camera is 8 megapixels with an dual LED flash and records video at 720p.
- The camera's quality is above average: low light shots were hit or miss but outside pictures and video look really good.
- The front facing camera is 1.3 megapixels and looks just fine.
- Many people complained about the first Incredible's battery life but this improved with the Incredible 2.
- The Incredible 2 is not 4G which helps extend the battery life, but we wish they had improved the battery and made it 4G.
- $0.01 with a contract.
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- You can't beat the price for a quick, user friendly Android phone.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.