Cheats and Walkthroughs
Sony is under a lot of scrutiny as this year's E3, and they need their press conference to be a resounding success. In fact, that really need to hit it out of the park to erase memories of the recent PSN network debacle. Are they going to be able to do that? They're certain to be leaning heavily on their NGP, and they might be teasing more games than usual. Hardware announcements plus exclusive games are sure to make gamers happy.
E3 means that rumors, predictions, and speculations run rampant for nearly half of a year as gamers imagine what might be coming, while developers tease and hint at things to come. Here are our predictions for Sony at E3 2011.
Jake Gaskill, Precog
- What Might Happen: The Last Guardian will get a release date! Oops. Wrong section. Naughty Dog will announce a new game, which I’m guessing will be Jak and Daxter for the PS3.
- What Will Never Happen: Sony will reveal that the NGP/PS Vita/PSP2 will let you play PS3 games via cloud streaming.
Dana Vinson, Genital Puncher
- What Might Happen: Sony will not address the PSN outage in any meaningful way, and spend the entire press conference focusing on NGP.
- What Will Never Happen: Sony will not address the PSN outage in any meaningful way, will announce Mod Nation Racers 2 and an update to Home while Kevin Butler gives everyone a Cleveland Steamer.
J.P Shub, Rocker
- What Might Happen: I predict that I will be blown away by Uncharted 3.
- What Will Never Happen: A Sega 3D classics collection for the PS3 where they update the classic Sega Master System 3D games for the modern era will be announced by Sony.
Leah Jackson, Jumpling
- What Might Happen: Sony will glaze over the whole PSN Outage issue with witty Kevin Butler quips and tell us how their "Welcome Back" program was extremely well received by all of the PSN users.
- What Will Never Happen: Release date announced for The Last Guardian and/or Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection. It’s been two years of constant heartbreak with no release date or substantial gameplay trailers released, why stop now with their press conference?
Matt Keil, Witcher
- What Might Happen: Sony announces name, price, launch lineup for NGP, but the US won’t get it until 2012.
- What Will Never Happen: Release date announced for The Last Guardian.
Nikole Zivalich, Ocarina Rocker
- What Might Happen: I think Sony is going to show off some NGP titles, and probably give it a name. My vote is for the PlayStation Pocket. I really like Polly Pocket. For the console it's plausible to think they will announce God of War 4, maybe with co-op.
- Will Never Happen: Maybe Kingdom Hearts 3, as a PS3 exclusive, will finally be announced. Fingers crossed for a sequel to Afrika!
Rob Manuel, Indie-ana Jones
- What Might Happen: Sony will announce a partnership with Mojang (Minecraft) to create exclusive content and push new indie development for their mobile devices.
- What Will Never Happen: Everyone in attendance finds a copy of The Last Guardian taped under their seat. "You’re getting a copy! And you’re getting a copy! EVERYONE GETS A COPY OF THE LAST GUARDIAN!"
Eric Eckstein, Godzillafan
- What Might Happen: The PlayStation NGP or Vita will be priced too high at launch, encouraging people to unfairly label it a failure before it even comes out. Also, David Cage's newest sci-fi game will be shown off, and Eight Days or The Getaway sequel will re-emerge for a 2012 holiday launch on PlayStation 3.
- What Will Never Happen: Sony will offer something that will make everybody happy for the PlayStation Network outage. Short of gifting everyone a suitcase full of $10,000 cash, they're just never going to please everyone.
Stephen Johnson, Prospector
- What Might Happen: Quantic Dream will show off its new title, and everyone will be blown away.
- What Will Never Happen: Sony reveals that the codename NGP is actually the NPG, named after Prince's early '90s backup band, The New Power Generation.
Kevin Kelly, Boardgamer
- What Might Happen: Sony will address the PlayStation Network issue with Kevin Butler onstage, cracking jokes, and then an executive will take the stage to reassure everyone that "Everything is fine."
- What Will Never Happen: Kaz Hirai will commit ritual seppuku onstage in an effort to make amends for the PlayStation Network downage, and as an apology for the Ridge Racer meme.
Antonio Hernandez, Socialite
- What Might Happen: Kevin Butler will reveal PlayStation NGP pricing, real name, and catchy ad campaign
- What Will Never Happen: Sony unveils multimillion dollar Gundam robot designed to deter hackers from attacking the PSN.
Sophie Prell, Intern-ational Playgirl
- What Might Happen: Due to lack of consumer confidence/support from the PSN outage, the lackluster impact Sony can make on the handheld market and the PS3 hardware's cracking by hacker/human mop GeoHot, the PlayStation 4 will be announced.
- What Will Never Happen: Any details on the PlayStation 4 beyond "We're working on it, okay?"
What about you? What do you think will happen at Sony's E3 2011 Press Conference?