With the PlayStation Network down, subscribers to Sony Online Entertainment MMOs haven't been able to get their fix in weeks. To prevent rioting in the streets (or at least lessen the number of angry internet posts) Sony has detailed its plans to make it up to loyal consumers. According to SOE's release, it will "likely be at least a few more days" before the MMOs are up.
Subscribers to Sony MMOs will receive 30 days of game time added to the end of the current billing cycle, as well as have one fre day for every day the system’s been down.
Here's what subscribers will get:
- DC Universe Online: Batman and Two-Face Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
- Free Realms: Free daily items (7 to collect)
- Clone Wars Adventures: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
- EverQuest®: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
- EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: A series of Double XP events
- Star Wars Galaxies™ Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett's ship, the Slave I
- Magic: The Gathering - Tactics: Four of each of these spells: "Ivory Mask", "Duress" and "Angelheart Vial", plus 500 Station Cash
- PoxNora: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash
SOE subscribers in the United States will also receive complimentary enrollment in Debix for a year. Debix is an identity protection firm that will keep your info safe (hopefully). Non US subscribers will be offered similar programs, to be detailed later.
Lifetime subscribers will be granted in-game currency: 20,000 coins for Free Realms, 7,500 Galactic Credits for Clone Wars Adventures and 10 Marks of Distinction for DC Universe Online. All Station Access subscribers will receive 500 Station Cash.