Feedback is here, and with it comes a slew of news about Activision, EA, and of course we're talking about this week's biggest game release: Brink. Splash Damage has really tried to turn squad-based gaming into something different, but did they succeed? We all had some time with the game, so tune in to find out what we thought. You might say that this episode takes us right to the ... Brink.
Adam Sessler hosts the show along with Steve Johnson, myself, and that silent redhead you've seen lurking in the corners, Emily Gordon. And yes, she can speak! Tune in to her inaugural episode and let her know how she did. You can watch the episode below, or check below for some read-along links and the audio-only version of the show!
Follow the bouncing Feedback! Here's your read-along handy helper:
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations will be out later this year, giving us a grizzled, 50 year old Ezio following in Altair's footsteps throughout Constantinople (not Istanbul yet), and will have a robust multiplayer element.
- Mass Effect 3 got pushed to 2012 and is looking to expand its audience, Star Wars: The Old Republic might come out in January (but they're still hoping for 2011), and Battlefield 3 will have the biggest promotional campaign in EA's history. Lots of news from EA's earnings call.
- The Diablo 3 beta will be out later this year, and while Activision says it may be out in 2012, Blizzard's Mike Morhaime is pulling for 2011.
- World of Warcraft quietly drops more than half a million subscribers, while continuing to plan future content.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is definitely coming this year, and Activision is putting a lot of muscle behind it.
- All that, and more!
Feedback: Boldly listening to financial earning calls so you don't have to.
The AUDIO MP3 of this episode of FEEDBACK is available here: Right-click and Save.