We've been covering the PlayStation Network security breach since it first started a week ago, but since then there has been so much news surrounding the outage that we decided to put together a convenient wrap-up guide so that all of our information is easily accessible. Here's what we've covered around the PSN Outage so far:
Statements From Sony:
- PSN Outage: Sony Explains Delay In Notification
- PSN Data Leak: Sony Online Entertainment Apparently Unaffected, Superheroes Rejoice
- Sony: PSN Users' Personal Information Obtained By "Unauthorized Person"
- PSN Down: Sony Hasn't Determined If User Credit Cards Info is Safe
- PSN Down Due To "External Intrusion" Says Sony
- PlayStation Network Down: May Be Out For "A Day Or Two"
- Sony Reports Massive PSN Outage; Could Be "Attack"
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Sony Issues FAQ Regarding PlayStation Network Outage -- Expects PSN Services To Be Up Within A Week
- PlayStation Network Hack FAQ: What We Know
- What Caused The PSN To Go Down?
- Did Anonymous Take Down The PlayStation Network?
- PSN Is Down, So What Can You Still Do With Your PlayStation 3?
- When The PlayStation Network Returns, Will Your Trophies Return Too?
- PSN Downtime: Will It Kill SOCOM 4 Multiplayer And Portal 2 Co-Op?
Outside Sources Comments on PSN Outage:
- Hackers: Rebug PS3 Program Not Responsible For PSN Security Failure
- PSN Security Breach Prompts US Senator To Demand Answers From Sony
- Microsoft Xbox Live Team Comments On Sony PlayStation Network Security Breach
- PSN Outage And Security Breach Has Nothing To Do With Steam
- PSN Class Action Lawsuit Filed
PSN Identity Theft Risk Measures: