Gears of War 3's multiplayer beta opens to gamers who have pre-ordered Gears of War 3 today from participating retailers. Gamers who bought Bulletstorm's Epic Edition have been playing the beta since April 18. The GoW3 multiplayer beta is more than just getting a chance to be a volunteer game tester. Epic is actually rewarding gamers for participating in their beta with a slue of unlockable weapons, skins, and characters. If you have any questions make sure to check out our Gears of War 3 FAQ post. Keep reading to see how to unlock everything you want.
NEWS: Gears 3 Beta Schedule
- Flaming Hammerburst Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Lancer Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock.
- Beta Tester Medal -- Wear it proudly, Gear. Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock.
- Thrashball Cole -- Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he was before Emergence Day -- a legendary Thrashball athlete known for his ferocious, flamboyant style. Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer -- Before the chainsaw bayonet was deployed at the beginning of the Locust-Human War, the original Lancer assault rifle had a large fixed blade. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta period.
All flaming weapons, medals, and Thrashball Cole carry over once you buy Gears of War 3 in September.
Tips, suggestions? Find me on Twitter.