Gears of War 3's multiplayer beta is now open to more people as gamers who pre-ordered Gears 3 now have access. Gamers who bought Bulletstorm's Epic Edition got an extra week with the beta beginning on the 18th. Epic's Gears of War 3 beta might not be like other game betas you've participated in. To learn more about the items you can unlock in the beta check out our Gears of War 3 Unlockable Guide I'm sure you have some questions about it, and we've got some answers.
DETAILS: Impressions On The Gears 3 Beta
Q: Who can gain access to the beta?
- A: The beta is exclusive to anyone who has pre-ordered Gears of War 3 from a participating retailer. Gamers who bought Bulletstorm Epic Edition already have access.
Q: Will I need a Gold account to play?
- A: Yes, an Xbox Live Gold account and internet access is recquired to play.
Q: Does XP and unlocked items carry over to the finished copy of Gears of War 3?
- A: XP gained during the beta does not carry over. Unlocked weapons, characters and medals do carry over.
Q: Will the beta support split-screen co-op (couch co-op)?
- A: No. The beta will only allow one player per console, however the final build will have horizontal split-screen.
Q: Which characters will be playable in the beta?
- COG Members
- Thrashball Cole (Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.)
- Prescott (CTL only)
- Standard Drone
- Savage Grenadier
- Flame Grenadier
- Savage Theron
- Myrrah (CTL only)
Q: How will consoles with two gamertags on them play the Gears of War 3 beta. Will you need a code for each gamertag?
- A: Only one beta code is needed for multiple gamertags on a console. Once the Beta has been downloaded, any gamertag that has access to the HD will be able to play.
These are just some of questions that have been answered in the Epic forums. Head over there if there are questions you still have.
Tips, suggestions? Find me on Twitter.