Mass Effect 3 is the most anticipated game of 2011, according to me.
A brand new batch of details about the upcoming sci-fi RPG have appeared on the internet. The rumors, from an unnamed Spanish magazine, have not been confirmed by Bioware. Seems legit to me. Some of the information lays out how Cerberus and Shepard become enemies. Despite bringing you back to life in ME2, Cerberus is pissed and they will use mechas, assault units and shock troopers against you. According to the magazine, this takes place at the beginning of the game. Keep reading for more.
Here's the list of details revealed in the magazine, from NeoGaf:
- The reason that Cerberus is against you is explained at the beginning of the adventure.
- Cerberus' troops include mechas, assault units, shock troops ninja-style.
- Reapers: they have different sizes, ranging from 500-600 meters of the smaller ships to the 2km for Herald.
- New skills for Shepard: launched in search of coverage to Max Payne, rolling, jumping small holes in the ground, as the SWAT turn and strike the enemy with greater variety of melee attacks. It specifically mentions "a new class: Heavy Melee" take advantage of these capabilities of combat.
- New skills: Engineer can build turrets.
- Customizable Weapons, guns, sight ... five variants in each section.
- More items to "loot."
- Space Battles? Perhaps, but unconfirmed.
- Scenarios: larger. We will see people walking, ships fighting, architecture in greater detail. Searching for the photorealism of the sites using new lighting techniques on the stage. It has also improved the atmosphere and the number of dynamic elements of the stage, increasing interactivity with the player.
- Locations to visit: New York, London, a moon of Koriano [Quarian] world, a Salarian world and Mars, among others. The development of each environment takes about 6 months, testing the levels from the outset.
- Enemies: we can do dynamic damage into them. The Cerberus mechas, for example, requires that we shoot a weak point, the glass cockpit in order to overcome them. In other enemies we can cut off the arms, break the head or break various pieces of their armors.
- Fighting more dynamic, forcing us to move more frequently. The game speed is improved by 10 to 15%.
- Exploration: we won't drive vehicles seen in previous games. The main gameplay is designed without them and will continue so. This does not mean that there is no vehicle, but they can't reveal more now. There is a new scanning system.
Source: BioWare Forums
Tips, suggestions? Find me on Twitter.