Mortal Kombat, or Mortal Kombat 9, wouldn't be true to the series if it wasn't full of secret characters and other unlockables. We already gave you the Mortal Kombat Guide To The Krypt and now we've got another walkthrough to help you unlock some of the game's secrets. Keep reading to find out how to unlock classic versions of Reptile, Smoke, Noob Saibot and Jade. We'll also tell you where to find the secret chests hidden in The Krypt.
- Deadlands: Approach the tomb of DL45, head left towards DL52, look forward and right a little. Find the bugs that appear near a patch of grass. These green bugs signify a chest.
- Hollow of Infestation: Follow the wall from the lake where the area starts, walk along the six skulls and look for the bugs that appear under them.
- Bloodmarsh: Head right from BM81 under the skull on the wall.
- Meadow of Despair: From the back row head left from the left most iron maiden, on top of a slight mound you'll find more bugs. Bugs = loot!
- Fight Classic Smoke:
In Arcade Ladder Mode, when you come across the living forest stage at the beginning of the match create some space between you and the opponent. Hit down and select at the same time over and over again until your opponent explodes. After that you should receive a message about a secret fight. Press A and you will fight the classic Smoke from Mortal Kombat 2. If he doesn’t appear, don’t worry, just win the match, but don't perform a fatality. Instead press pause and go to the player select, and pick your same fighter, and you'll be able to fight in the same area.
- Fight Hidden Human Form Reptile:
You will need to see either a witch or Santa (I'm serious) and his reindeer fly by the moon in the Pit (Night) stage in order for this to happen. After you see either you'll have to get a double flawless victory and a stage fatality in order to face classic Reptile from Mortal Kombat 2 at the bottom of the pit. If you don't see him right away, don't worry, he's actually invisible until you hit him.
- Fight Classic Noob Saibot:
I'm 100% sure you can unlock Noob Saibot in the Cathedral level. My theory is if you knock your opponent to the left side of the screen, up against the ledge, he should appear.
- Fight Classic Jade:
Okay, we're going to be honest, no one knows where she is. I'm on the case as I type. We currently have the best interns money can buy. (Note: We do not actually pay the interns, in fact we require a fee: tears.)