The Olympus PEN E-PL2 digital camera makes taking high quality pictures easier than ever with its TruePic image processor, 720p video recording and creative art filters for $550. Chris Hardwick and Candace Bailey review the user friendly digital camera.
What You Need to Know
- This is the exact size and weight as last year's Olympus Pen camera at just under 4” thick with the lens.
- It only weighs about 1 lb., so it's really light.
- One problem with these cameras is that they're really slow to focus and take pictures, but they have improved on this one, thankfully.
- From power on to first picture is quick.
- It's not continually auto-focusing like older models, either.
- It's got the usual Olympus stuff like art filters and the live guide photography tutorial.
- Art filters are a favorite of ours; they make it easy to take good-looking pictures without having to know photography.
- The live guide is easier than ever, changing color saturation, brightness, and blurring is all just a slider away.
- Outdoor photos have even exposure, bright and accurate colors, and look all-around terrific; this is the best photo quality we've seen from an Olympus Pen camera.
- Low light is also really good; the flash might under-expose just a little, but otherwise pictures turned out clear and mostly blur-free.
- Both indoor and outdoor video looks really digital, with lots of trailing.
- We expected a lot better since pictures look so great.
- $500 on Amazon
- 4 Seals of Approval Out of 5 (How do we rate gadgets?)
- With the exception of video quality, we like this camera a lot, and it's super affordable
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.