The first details of Mass Effect 3 will be revealed in the next issue of Game Informer magazine, but they're also all over the internet. If you want an early look at the future adventures of Commander Shepard, just continue reading. Obviously, major spoiler alert!
- The game begins with Shepard on Earth, standing trial for the events that went down during the Mass Effect 2 "Arrival" DLC. The Reapers invade; Shepard escapes to the Normandy, and the plot begins.
- Returning squad-mates: Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus (if he's alive)
- A New Squad-Mate, James Sanders, will join your crew.
- Returning Characters: Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson will appear in the game (if they're alive), but aren't confirmed as squad-mates. The Illusive Man plays a prominent role in Mass Effect 3, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard, but we don't know why as of yet.
- Multiple Endings: Different endings will be given, depending on the actions you take in the game.
- Gameplay: RPG elements are being beefed up, including a focus on skill trees. Powers will evolve more than once.
- Weapons: similar to Mass Effect 2, except mods make a return, allowing you to swap out barrels, scopes, and more, which affect the weapon's performance and look. All classes can wield all weapons, but will have limited slots to carry them. For example, only the Soldier can carry all weapons at once.
- Gameplay Comic: If you're just getting into Mass Effect with this game, the plots of the first two games will be summed up in a comic.
- Multiplayer: There won't be any multiplayer in Mass Effect 3.