SOCOM 4 has been in private beta for the past month and has only been available to PlayStation Plus members and gamers who bought Killzone 3. SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs multiplayer beta is now open to anyone with a PSN account, that means you soldier! Head over to the PSN Store to download the beta, it will be active until April 12. The servers will be open all day but only certain modes will be available on selected days. Keep reading to see a SOCOM 4's beta schedule.
Here's SOCOM 4's public beta schedule:
- Tuesday (4/5) – Last Defense, Classic Last Defense, Uplink, Classic Uplink
- Wednesday (4/6) – Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad, Last Defense, Classic Last Defense
- Thursday (4/7) – Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom), Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad
- Friday (4/8) – All Gametypes Open
- Saturday (4/9) – All Gametypes Open
- Sunday (4/10) – All Gametypes Open
- Monday (4/11) – All Gametypes Open
- Tuesday (4/12) – All Gametypes Open
- Wednesday (4/13) – All Gametypes Open
There are two maps available during the beta, Port Authority and Assault & Battery. The following modes will be playable during All Gametypes sessions.
- Suppression: SOCOM 4’s version of “team deathmatch.”
- Last Defense: Capture controls points, discover the enemy base and destroy it.
- Uplink: Steal enemy data and deliver it to your base.
- Bomb Squad: Defend your bomb technician while he disarms enemy explosives.
- Sniper Alley (Custom): An 8 vs. 8 version of Classic Suppression with higher damage. Weapons are limited to sniper rifles, shotguns, smoke grenades and poison gas.
- Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom): Faster movement speed and reduced damage are applied to 16 vs. 16 Last Defense with weapons restricted to only shotguns and SMGs.
- Scrum (Custom): Suppression is given rule tweaks of no respawn, faster movement and higher damage, while sniper rifles, frag grenades, concussion grenades and poison gas are disallowed.
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs is a PS3 exclusive set for April 19th.
Tips, suggestions? Find me on Twitter.