The Toshiba Camileo S30 camcorder comes with more than just HD video recording in a compact size. The camcorder can also snap 8 megapixel stills and comes with a 3" touch screen with a SDXC slot for up to 10 hours of HD video shooting. Candace Bailey and Chris Hardwick review the $150 camcorder.
What You Need To Know
- Toshiba made the Camileo S30 pretty portable: it's super light at only 4 oz. and measures just a little thicker than the smallest Flip Cam.
- The 3" touch screen is pretty easy to use, though you have to give it a poke or two to make it work properly; for the most part, it's just fine.
- Sometimes it's hard to know which icon means what, so you'll have to dive down into the menus to see what each of them does.
- The Camileo S30 comes with more features than the Flip Cam, like slow motion video, macro lens and an LED light, which are cool to have.
- You can switch the mode from portrait to landscape so you won't lose focus as you move closer to your subject.
- The slow motion feature is fun to fool around with, but it zooms you all the way in and lowers the quality, and we're not exactly sure why.
- There's also a really bright LED light, which might be too much for the people you're shooting.
- The Camileo's video quality is pretty good.
- Normal light footage looks great. Colors are bright and accurate, and overexposure doesn't seem to be too much of a problem.
- You might see some trailing when you move around.
- Low light footage also looks good.
- You'll randomly get weird dead pixels and grain but only when you're shooting in very low light and this doesn't always happen.
- $150 with a free SD card on Toshibadirect.com. (How do we rate gadgets?)
- 4 Seals of Approval out of 5.
- We like the design and video quality, especially since it's so affordable.
Want something reviewed on Gadget Pr0n? Email us your suggestions to email@example.com.