Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock generated the most revenue in US video game history. According the NPD Group Guitar Hero 3 made $830.9 million in sales. That number doesn't include profits generated from DLC. Despite those numbers Activison decided to cancel all GH titles for 2011. Keep reading to see the complete list of the top 10 best selling games.
This list is from the NPD, they've only been monitoring game data since 1995 which is why Super Mario Bros. 3 is absent from the list. Activision however has five titles in the top 10.
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock* $830.9 million
- Call of Duty: Black Ops $787.4 million
- Wii Fit (w/ Balance Board) $736.6 million
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $713.6 million
- Rock Band*$670.7 million
- Wii Play (w/ Wii Remote)
- Guitar Hero World Tour*
- Wii Fit Plus
- Mario Kart Wii (w/ Wii Wheel)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Do any of these games surprise you? I still find it hard to accept Wii Fit Plus made the list.
Tips, suggestions? Find me on Twitter.